Windows 10: No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer

Discus and support No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey im trying to fix my house computer, windows 10 home 64 I can access it via team viewer so i know it has network connectivity, but when trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 403Phaze, May 7, 2017.

1. 403Phaze Win User

No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer

Hey im trying to fix my house computer,

windows 10 home 64

I can access it via team viewer so i know it has network connectivity, but when trying to run virus scans or download google chrome it errors saying "unable to connect to network"

i have checked network preferences/proxy settings/ran windows defender and still have no solution to fix this issue...

can anyone possible point me in a direction to test, I have scoured forums with no fix to my issue

thanks;

:)

403Phaze, May 7, 2017
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, May 7, 2017
  3. hotspot

hi i have been using hotspot in windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 and now after upgrading to windows 10 i cant get internet on my connected device.my network sharing says shared and both internet

basic network information

shaan acces type internet

Private network homegroup joined

connection local area connection 11

nitesh 7 access type internet

public network nitesh

but to connected device ,says soething wrong with the network.,network error

why is it having this problem worked well with windows 7 and 8 and 8.1

please for any more details inbox me i will give u access to team viewer

shovineshchand, May 7, 2017
  4. No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer

Hi 403Phaze. Welcome the the TenForums @403Phaze

You could try these four commands entered via Command Prompt(admin). In the commands don't type the stuff in brackets, just there for your reference.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

If this doesn't work I would also suggest a modem / router power reset and you could also try a Windows 10 Network Reset.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  5. 403Phaze Win User
    Thanks Ken,

I usually do the Netsh winsock reset, and flush dns any time I encounter network issues, but as i'm really not used to windows 10 the whole, win 10 network reset is new to me

"netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)" when I attempted this command,

Global
    interface
    unicast
    neighbor
    path

all these ones were OK

resetting , failed
    access is denied

appeared at the bottom, so i also attempted to change primary and secondary DNS to see if I could get any results

No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer [​IMG]

403Phaze, May 7, 2017
  6. I would just try the network reset

Start=>Settings=>Network & Internet. Scroll down to bottom of right page, Network Reset. (Any wireless password are forgotten)

If that is a no go I would then go to your motherboard vendors site and get the NIC driver. Note driver version in Device Manager before installing and then after installation to be sure it took.

Caledon Ken, May 7, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Are you connecting using TeamViewer on the same LAN, or from outside?
    If it's on the same LAN, you can of course connect, even if the problem system can't go online.
    I know Teamviewer uses UDP, whereas the problems you're having are all TCP/IP.

Are you sure the system is clean? Are you able to run Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner?

simrick, May 7, 2017
  8. 403Phaze Win User

no Im on a completely different network, i can install Malwarebytes, but unable to update malwarebytes, spybot search and destory (install AND update), as well as windows defender update

sites i can get too are google, sites I can't get to are Kijiji, Amazon.. etc... @simrick

403Phaze, May 8, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    simrick, May 8, 2017
  10. I would also quickly check your "Hosts" file.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

Open with notepad. Normally the entire host file should be commented out, that is each line should start with the # sign.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet connectivity, but accessable over team viewer - Similar Threads - internet connectivity accessable

2. Internet access, but not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet access, but not connected: I encountered this weird issue for the first time ever; I noticed my internet icon was no longer on my taskbar recently. On a side note, I use a wired connection to my router via Ethernet. When I opened the taskbar settings and navigated to the 'Select which icons appear on...
  3. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  4. Security in Team Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security in Team Viewer: Is my computer safe in remote control with Team Viewer? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-in-team-viewer/679f470a-33d3-4384-8bd6-5c9eb68a522e
  5. Windows 10 s "Quick Access or Team Viewer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 s "Quick Access or Team Viewer.: Hello, Does anyone know if Windows 10 S has "Quick Access" built in or can load/Run TeamViewer available in app store? Requirement is to remote to a 10 S Pc from a 10 pro. Regards Simon Hambrook...
  6. connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access

connecting 2 win10 pc's over internet for file access: I know this is simple for some of you however, I have been getting confused by watching youtube videos on how to do this. I have two Windows 10 PC's - One desktop at work, and my laptop I use on the road. I want to have the ability to connect to my desktop from my laptop...
  7. team viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    team viewer: I keep getting phones from team viewer refund dept. They claim that everyone who has microsoft windows subscribes to this. They are going out of business and want to refund my money. I don't remember subscribing to this and refuse to open my bank account so they can wire...
  8. Connected to internet but no access.

Connected to internet but no access.: Hey. Just bought a cheap pc, and the wirless has no access. It connects but that is all. I tried uninstalling wireless driver and reinstalling with no luck. There was a yellow sign over the wirless symbol. But i was advised to try and change my dns to 8.8.8.8 .And....
  9. Connected but no internet access

Connected but no internet access: I just bought a new PC with the latest Windows 10 version, but the internet didn't work. It said it was connected and it didn't have the yellow icon, after running the troubleshooter the result was problems with the DNS. So I ran the commands: ipconfig/release, flushdns,...
  10. Connected to internet but no access

Connected to internet but no access: Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access...