Windows 10: No Internet due to Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support No Internet due to Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just did the Windows 10 free upgrade a few days ago. The computer worked great that night and connected with internet, but the next day I could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Noviakiki, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Noviakiki Win User

No Internet due to Windows 10 upgrade

I just did the Windows 10 free upgrade a few days ago. The computer worked great that night and connected with internet, but the next day I could not connect to the internet. The router is connected and open but no internet connection. I am newbie here and could not figure out what forum to post this question in, so thought I would start here. Hello everyone. I am desperate and ready to go back to Win 7.

:)

Noviakiki, Jul 31, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Jul 31, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

What free upgrade? Are you talking about the Anniversary edition that is for the Insider program? Most likely when whatever you installed, downloaded an updated driver that caused the problem. suggest that you uninstall whatever you installed and wait for the Anniversary edition to be pushed out over the next couple of days.

bro67, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    open a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all post results

Samuria, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Noviakiki Win User
    bro67, the same free upgrade every windows user has been having popping up regularly for the past month and daily for the last week of getting it free.

Samuria, I am sorry. but just how do I do that on Win 10?

Noviakiki, Aug 1, 2016
  7. Noviakiki Win User
    Samuria.. I did find the cmd prompt and typed in what you indicated and got a whole lot of test. But have no clue what I am looking at. Since I cannot access the internet I cannot sent or attach a screen print. I am accessing this through a different computer. I am giving the one more day to figure out and then I am going back to me previous version.

Noviakiki, Aug 1, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

The free upgrade is for those who are using Windows 7, 8.1. As for how to do the ipconfig command, same way as it always has been done. To open the command window, press Window key and X to get a menu, then scroll down to "Command Prompt (Admin). It will not fix the problem, it just shows that you are getting an IP and the gateway information that you are connected to.

Suggest installing the Network driver for how you are connected to your gateway. Some network devices are not getting the driver installed when people upgrade to Windows 10, because it may be an older chipset that Microsoft has scrubbed out of their database, so you have to check Hp's webiste to see if they have the Windows 10 driver for your Elite Book or download from the chipset manufacturer. HP like others usually use the Realtek chipset. You can go to Web Server's Default Page and download the driver for wifi and ethernet if that is what was installed.

You can use Speccy to pull what devices are installed and IP info, which cuts out a lot.

bro67, Aug 1, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    If it is the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 chipset, you can download the driver and all others from HP's support center. Personally I would install a clean version of Windows 10 to get rid of all of the HP pre-installed garbage, by using the 10 iso at Windows 10 Run the installer and choose to place on a DVD. Then you have the Windows 10 edition before Anniversary. After the 2nd, it should be Windows 10 Anniversary that will be the ISO that we can burn and keep for clean installs if you have to swap out the hard drive, etc.

Also since you have a Platter drive in that Elite Book. You may be able to squeeze some more battery time use out if you install a SSD.

bro67, Aug 1, 2016
  10. Noviakiki Win User
    I am not tech enough to understand half of this. I was working with Win 7. I am just going back to that until I can get this all straightened out. I cannot download to a computer with no internet. I am on a much older computer to contact here. I am done. Thanks for trying to help me. No more help will be needed.

Noviakiki, Aug 1, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    You are okay. Pick a part that you need to get more info on, so that it can be broken down into sections to help you out.

If you still have the backup of Windows 7, that is fine. We have been suggesting on here to people that have issues when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, that they do the upgrade, then boot up into the DVD that is the image of Windows 10. Then choose to Customize and choose to delete all prior partitions and install Windows 10. That then gets rid of any issues that may have occurred during the in place upgrade.

If you did not get the driver for the Wifi installed, which you will have to use Speccy to find out what the Wifi chipset is. Since the Ethernet is Intel, you have the Intel CPU, I would gamble that the wifi is also Intel, which you can download those drivers from intel.com and use the auto install tool

bro67, Aug 1, 2016
  12. Noviakiki Win User
    I tried to go back to Win 7 and it ran into an error and now I cannot go back. I do not have a copy on Win 7. I bought my computer used from my computer guy. It is the best computer I have ever owned. How can I download anything from the internet to fix my computer when I cannot connect with the internet?

A lot of people are having the internet issue with this free download. The funny thing is, it worked just fine on the day I downloaded it and I was connected to the internet. But the next day when I started up, no internet. I see all kinds of solutions on line, but none that I could do worked for me. My router is connected and open...but I get no connection to the internet. I am desperately in need of help that I can understand.

Noviakiki, Aug 1, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

You can download the Windows 7 iso from this link at Microsoft.com. You do need the key for Windows 7 in order to download it. Windows 7

bro67, Aug 2, 2016
  14. Noviakiki Win User
    Can I download it to a disc from this computer and then from the disc to my laptop? I cannot download to laptop obviously. There is a sticker on the bottom of the lap top with the Win 7 info and there is a key listed there, would that be what I need?

How do I know if I need 32 or 64 bit?

This is the error code I got when I tried to got back to 7 with the button on the computer? error code 0xc000000f if that helps with anything.

Noviakiki, Aug 3, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    You may be able to. It will give you the choice to either download a 32bit, 64bit or both on one ISO. It would be the Clean version of Windows, without all of the pre-installed OEM stuff. You may be able to just order the DVD's from HP, since the Elite Book is a business machine and you would get the clean version of Windows from them.

Now on the other hand, if you know someone at the local college or university or go in and talk to the instructor for the computer class or in charge of IT, they may be able to get you a copy from Technet that is not associated with their license, but you would have to pay them what the cost would be.

bro67, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. No Internet due to Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Internet due upgrade

2. Is it true that the Russian problems in the Ukraine are due to Windows 10 upgrades?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it true that the Russian problems in the Ukraine are due to Windows 10 upgrades?: I've heard that the Russians were relying on Windows-10 laptops to coordinate their armor attacks in the Ukraine. These then decided to upgrade all at once throwing off the Russian attack schedules.At least all the Windows-10 problems are turning out to be good for something....
  3. Is it true that the Russian problems in the Ukraine are due to Windows 10 upgrades?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it true that the Russian problems in the Ukraine are due to Windows 10 upgrades?: I've heard that the Russians were relying on Windows-10 laptops to coordinate their armor attacks in the Ukraine. These then decided to upgrade all at once throwing off the Russian attack schedules.At least all the Windows-10 problems are turning out to be good for something....
  4. After windows 10 upgrade internet not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After windows 10 upgrade internet not working: Error “ problem with driver for Ethernet adapter - driver was updated Error - problem with driver for the Wifi adapter. can not connect at all to wifi or even thru a network cable?......
  5. No Internet, secured after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Internet, secured after Windows 10 upgrade: I upgraded my laptop running Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home today and since doing that I get the "No internet, secured" connected but not really connected error no matter what I do to resolve the issue. 1) downloaded new wireless adapter driver onto flash drive on...
  6. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys: Thought I'd bite the bullet and "upgrade" my 64 bit windows 7 PC to windows 10, as Win7 is apparently about to become obsolete. Big waste of a day. Initially the upgrade program didn't like that I had Security Essentials installed, so Windows made me uninstall it (seriously...
  7. Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't update due to internet issue: Hi, So I recently started up my laptop after it being dormant for over a year and I needed to update windows, although it's telling me there is no internet (I'm writing this question on said laptop). I have an ethernet cable plugged in as it works better than my university...
  8. internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10

internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10: HI, I have recently upgraded my os to WIN 10. My internet connection drops from 50 mbps to 2 mbps. I have tried all possible solution in the internet. 1. Updated the drivers 2. updated windows. 3. changed the auto tunning level. Can someone me and fix this issue?...
  9. Just upgraded to Windows 10, no internet connection

Just upgraded to Windows 10, no internet connection: Just upgraded to Windows 10, no internet connection. Had no problems before on 8.1. No network adapters are recognized (Bluetooth, Ethernet, WLAN). Have Atheros Qualcomm AR9485WB. Device manager says all is OK, but PC settings say no network adapters detected. I tried to...
  10. No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

No internet access after window 10 upgrade.: Hey! so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet. so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet access " and theres also a yellow triangle on my wifi icon.I have watch so many tutorials on how to fix this but still havent...