Windows 10: No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update

Discus and support No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says, before updating to v2004, my PC would boot and everything was ready to go. Now, I boot into Windows 10 and I've got no internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/turbotum, Jul 3, 2020.

1. No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update

Like the title says, before updating to v2004, my PC would boot and everything was ready to go. Now, I boot into Windows 10 and I've got no internet for a minute or so, before it connects. Hugely annoying, what gives? What even changed regarding networking?

submitted by /u/turbotum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/turbotum, Jul 3, 2020

2. My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

From several weeks my PC (surface book 2 + windows 10) takes minutes to get internet access after booting, even if it's connected to the wi-fi immediately (the message "no internet access" is shown). After 1 or 2 minutes magically internet appears. It's
    frustrating that windows takes 10 second to start but minutes to connect!!! I also tried to change DNS settings using Google's IP....but still not working...

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

FabrizioTronchin, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Windows 10 internet Explorer Crashes / Freezes after most recent update

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• What update did you install?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We suggest you to disable Internet Explorer from optional features and enable it again. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on your keyboard, type optionalfeatures
      and hit OK.
    • Uncheck the checkbox with Internet Explorer 11 written against the box and restart your computer.
    • After restart, check the box in optionalfeatures and restart again. Then, launch IE.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Jul 3, 2020
  4. deving Win User

No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update

1. No internet for a minute or so after booting 2004 update - Similar Threads - internet minute booting

2. Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Windows Unresponsive for A Minute or So After Returning From ScreenSaver: Greetings, First, thanks for any assistance you can give. It's much appreciated. I have a PC with an i5, 8GB memory, and dual drive HDD, and SDD. I have Windows 10.0.18363 build 18363. For some time now, maybe 6 months roughly, when my computer goes into screensaver, I...
  3. DNS issue after Windows update 2004 - no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS issue after Windows update 2004 - no internet: Hello, many of our users have issue, that DNS stoped work after update. I find many ways how to solve this problem, but every solution I found, need admin permission. And that point is really problem. Our users doesnt have admin permissions and they are now on homeoffice...
  4. Intermittent Windows boot failure after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Intermittent Windows boot failure after update 2004: Hello all, hope someone can help me!? Since Windows update 2004 I have been experiencing boot failures on startup. My bios splash screen loads then the computer finds the boot drive, Windows begin loading with the circle of dots loading and then suddenly the screen goes...
  5. No internet after upgrade to 2004

No internet after upgrade to 2004: Hi! Have now upgradet to version 2004 win 10. Everything works normaly but not internet!! The computer have contact whit my router but there is no connection to internet! Have installed the latest drivers for networkcard. No VPN or proxy! Uninstalled Avira security before...
  6. Stuck at boot logo after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at boot logo after 2004 update: Hi. I have a MSI GS65 8se i7 8750h, rtx 2060, 512gb+1tb ssds, 24gb ram. I applied the windows 2004 update just this morning, run a quick scan of defender afterwards, then rebooted. I cannot get past the boot logo of my laptop anymore after. Here are a few things ive done:...
  7. Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Booting very slow after 2004 update ,: My Windows 10 starting on very slow after windows 10 , 2004 update now what i do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-booting-very-slow-after-2004-update/795f6886-8305-4555-b769-a6ca3cd7cc75
  8. Internet goes out for 10 minutes after booting up PC

Internet goes out for 10 minutes after booting up PC: I use a Windows 10 PC, and am currently at home with my family for quarantine. Whenever I turn on my PC, the internet for the entire house turns off for approximately 10 minutes. This PC is the only device connected to the router by ethernet; all others are connected only...
  9. My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting

My PC takes minutes to get internet access after booting: From several weeks my PC (surface book 2 + windows 10) takes minutes to get internet access after booting, even if it's connected to the wi-fi immediately (the message "no internet access" is shown). After 1 or 2 minutes magically internet appears. It's frustrating that...
  10. PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not boot for 30 minutes after windows update: Hello Since the Windows Updates in August I have found that after installing an update and shutting down/powering up or restarting my PC starts up and then switches off before starting up again. When the PC starts up there is no signal to the monitor but my keyboard and...