Windows 10: No internet icons showing up-can not logon to internet

Discus and support No internet icons showing up-can not logon to internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I boot up my laptop the internet icon on the task bar shows a red "X" and none of my internet icons are listed. The airplane mode is turned off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayhawk714, Sep 21, 2016.

1. No internet icons showing up-can not logon to internet

When I boot up my laptop the internet icon on the task bar shows a red "X" and none of my internet icons are listed. The airplane mode is turned off, the Wi-Fi switch is in the on position, the wireless router is working fine(my wife can logon with no problem). I looked at the Device Manager and it shows everything is running properly. Anyone have any ideas as what is going on?

:)

jayhawk714, Sep 21, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Sep 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No internet icons showing up-can not logon to internet

Check to see if they are disabled either in the Bios or in the Network Connections.

bro67, Sep 21, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No internet icons showing up-can not logon to internet

1. No internet icons showing up-can not logon to internet - Similar Threads - internet icons showing

2. Internet icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet icon not showing.: When I start my computer, it's working normally but after some hours or sometimes minutes. I see I don't have internet then I check my taskbar there it's showing I didn't connect to my internet. Then I click on the internet logo there I can't even find the internet setting,...
  3. Internet icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet icon not showing.: When I start my computer, it's working normally but after some hours or sometimes minutes. I see I don't have internet then I check my taskbar there it's showing I didn't connect to my internet. Then I click on the internet logo there I can't even find the internet setting,...
  4. Internet icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet icon not showing in taskbar: the wifi icon is not showing up in the taskbar if i drag the battery or volume icon to the empty space it disappears and the wifi icon comes back i dont know how to fix it please help...
  5. Internet icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet icon not showing in taskbar: the wifi icon is not showing up in the taskbar if i drag the battery or volume icon to the empty space it disappears and the wifi icon comes back i dont know how to fix it please help...
  6. Internet icon not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet Icon Not Showing In Taskbar

Internet Icon Not Showing In Taskbar: Internet Icon Not Showing In Taskbar, I cant on/off it in personalization settings tab, the icons are greyed out in personalization taskbar tab, regedit method not working, gpedit also isnt working for me it says "couldnt create a MMC snap in" i tried to fix it with all the...
  8. Internet not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet not showing up: My internet is not showing up under the wifi tab on the taskbar. It only says airplane mode. I’ve had this problem before and I just reset my computer and it worked, but not this time. I’ve followed every solution I can find online and nothing is working. submitted by...
  9. Internet Icon Not Showing Up On Windows 10

Internet Icon Not Showing Up On Windows 10: Hi, i have Windows 10 and my internet icon recently disappeared. It only shows up on the login screen, but when I click on it, the only thing I see is the airplane mode button. When I’m logged in, the icon is gone completely. I’ve tried everything and nothing is working....
  10. Internet icon showing no internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet icon showing no internet: [ATTACH] Guys Since these windows updates that come out every week I've been getting so many bugs one of them is this stupid bug where the connection is working just fine, "I can watch youtube videos, download movies, play online games.. everything" but the internet icon...