Windows 10: “No Internet, secured” Issue - please help!

Discus and support “No Internet, secured” Issue - please help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Over the past 2 days, I’ve been having an ongoing issue where I cannot connect to any of my home WiFis for some reason. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AleynaDegirmen, Feb 2, 2021.

1. “No Internet, secured” Issue - please help!

Hi,

Over the past 2 days, I’ve been having an ongoing issue where I cannot connect to any of my home WiFis for some reason.

I have tried everything on the internet, youtube, troubleshooters and these forums but nothing seems to be working; for example, I have uninstalled my drivers, restarted my modem, turned off internet security and firewall, restarted my modem multiple times, did a lot of those restart codes from command prompt, did a network and power reset, and a lot more. When I ping my IP address, I get 4 packets back, but when I try going on the internet, it says that it cannot connect to the DNS server.

Interestingly enough, I can connect to my phone’s hotspot and my other devices at home can connect to the Wifi. It’s just my laptop that is the issue. It’s a HP with Windows 10 for reference

I would try to bring an IT technician to my house but sadly that’s not possible due to the coronavirus restrictions - if there is anyone on here who knows how to fix this, I am desperate for your help! Especially with online learning, I cannot access some of my essential services.

Thank you.

:)

AleynaDegirmen, Feb 2, 2021

2. Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 2, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Naveen_M Win User

“No Internet, secured” Issue - please help!

Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

“No Internet, secured” Issue - please help!

1. “No Internet, secured” Issue - please help! - Similar Threads - “No Internet secured”

2. Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!: I have clicked on the Icon and brings up Windows Security but then that window says nothings wrong.I then right click on this icon in my taskbar to go to view notification options which brings me to this windowI then click on "Get account protection notifications" then close...
  3. Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Notification issue. PLEASE HELP !!!: I have clicked on the Icon and brings up Windows Security but then that window says nothings wrong.I then right click on this icon in my taskbar to go to view notification options which brings me to this windowI then click on "Get account protection notifications" then close...
  4. Internet security issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet security issues: I'm having strange issues with my internet connection. I cannot login on certain sites. I get different errors most of them saying I don't have permission. Or server error. I'm running windows 11 I have a Netgear R6700v3 router. this happens in all browsers...
  5. Internet security issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet security issues: I'm having strange issues with my internet connection. I cannot login on certain sites. I get different errors most of them saying I don't have permission. Or server error. I'm running windows 11 I have a Netgear R6700v3 router. this happens in all browsers...
  6. Help with No Internet Secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with No Internet Secured: Connect to my home WiFi - says no internet, secured. Only on the home WiFi, it’s fine on hotspot. Tried ipconfig /flushdns advfirewall winsock etc tried updating the drivers still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks...
  7. Please help! Internet connection issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help! Internet connection issues: Can somone please tell me why my pc can’t connect to the internet. When I click ‘show available networks’ nothing happens. I can tell this is an issue for a lot of people because of YouTube videos I’ve seen but none of the methods have worked. Please help submitted by...
  8. internet PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet PLEASE HELP: hey so something is happening to my interent on windows, so when i do a test i get speeds of 80-90mbps but now im trying to download a game from microsoft store F1 2019 and it is only getting 5-10 mbps WHY? i really would like to know i hope someone can help me out as i have...
  9. No internet, secured - help please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, secured - help please: I have a problem with connecting to my wifi on my laptop - it shows up and I can connect to it but it then says ‘no internet, secured’, so there is no internet connection and I can’t use the wifi for anything. I can still connect to the wifi as normal on my phone and on...
  10. Internet acces is working but saying No Internet, secured. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet acces is working but saying No Internet, secured. Please help: I can access the internet and browse and play online games but I cant install windows updates or update apps because it thinks it is offline. I tried reinstalling the network driver but it doesnt work :/ Sadly I dont have a recovery point to go back too...