Windows 10: No internet, Secured switched ISP and router

Discus and support No internet, Secured switched ISP and router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently switched ISP from RCN to Xfinity. They swapped out the router as well. Before the switch, i was able to connect to wifi with no issues on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edLim1, May 23, 2020.

1. edLim1 Win User

No internet, Secured switched ISP and router

I recently switched ISP from RCN to Xfinity. They swapped out the router as well.

Before the switch, i was able to connect to wifi with no issues on my pc. However, once i switched I am able to access wifi on every device except my pc.

I am using

Wifi adapater: netgear a7000

to clarify: I am able to connect to the internet, but the connection says "No internet, Secured" and i am unable to access any internet browsers.

I am able to connect to my smartphone's hotspot.

I've restarted my router. I've tried the cmdadmin prompts: ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew. I've reinstalled the latest wifi adapter drivers. I've unchecked all the power saver settings. I've factory reset my pc. Nothing seems to work. I'm thinking that my wifi adapter isn't compatible with the new xfinity router.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

:)

edLim1, May 23, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Router behind a router = more secure?

Thanks.

So it is more secure from both exploits and brute force to have router > Router > Computers. An attacker would have to find exploits in both routers before gaining access to a network?

I'm not that worried, I just wanted to know the theory as I seem to get conflicting information. I had always assumed that having a router behind a router would be better security-wise.

I am pretty sure that my router would be on the list of those compromised in Vietnam by malware. The malware only changed the primary DNS for the router, so I would still not be immune to this kind of attack if someone gained access to my internet facing router, but it got me thinking more about security.

silkstone, May 23, 2020
  3. Tcpip 4205 Event Warning since new router & ISP switch!

Ever since I switched to a new ISP TalkTalk here in the UK that uses the Wi-Fi Hub (Sagemcom L: [email protected] 5364).

Now I am not using Wi-Fi at all, only Ethernet cables. I reset the network adapter, but this warning appears all the time since pretty much the day of my ISP switch.

No internet, Secured switched ISP and router [​IMG]

How do I get rid off this issue? It is not affecting my internet use or performance. Windows 10 Pro Version number 1903.

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 23, 2020
  4. No internet, Secured switched ISP and router

Internet Router missing from Device Manager

Hi all, hoping someone can help?

I am troubleshooting my abysmal WiFi speeds as my PC is fast becoming unusable.

Having spoken to my ISP - I have split the signal on the router. The split has been done successfully (visible on my mobile phone network options), however the 5.0GHz network is not showing up on my desktop PC - the trouble shooting steps suggest tweaking
    the adapter settings.

My issue is that the Router is not listed in Device Manager? Hidden Devices is checked...

This is what is listed...none of these are for my NOWTV router....

No internet, Secured switched ISP and router 891137a2-913b-4b28-84c4-4a18536c7ad4?upload=true.jpg

Rachael_Fenton, May 23, 2020
Thema:

No internet, Secured switched ISP and router

1. No internet, Secured switched ISP and router - Similar Threads - internet Secured switched

2. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  3. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  4. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Tcpip 4205 Event Warning since new router & ISP switch!

Tcpip 4205 Event Warning since new router & ISP switch!: Ever since I switched to a new ISP TalkTalk here in the UK that uses the Wi-Fi Hub (Sagemcom [email protected] 5364). Now I am not using Wi-Fi at all, only Ethernet cables. I reset the network adapter, but this warning appears all the time since pretty much the day of my ISP...
  6. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  7. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  8. Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address

in Browsers and Email
    Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address: On all PCs, Android and iOS tablets, and Android phones, many of my links in emails (I use Microsoft Mail, Outlook.com and Gmail) haven't worked for 3 days. The broken ones all have my Hub IP Address and a few more words before "_url=http:// . . ." (then what I assume is the...
  9. Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address

in Windows 10 Support
    Email Links redirected to ISP router IP address: On all PCs, Android and iOS tablets, and Android phones, many of my links in emails (I use Microsoft Mail, Outlook.com and Gmail) haven't worked for 3 days. The broken ones all have my Hub IP Address and a few more words before "_url=http:// . . ." (then what I assume is the...
  10. Managed Switch or Router?

Managed Switch or Router?: Would this for the fiber to pipe it to all my connections and computers? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R92CLJA...00K4DS5KU?th=1 I've had 50 routers in my life and they can be the most annoying things to use... some are so smart they have panic attacks... I'd rather use a dumb...