Windows 10: "No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine

Discus and support "No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everyone, so i've been having this problem where i'm connected to the internet, it works i can open up my browser and watch videos, go on redit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmusingMeteor0, Jul 10, 2019.

1. "No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine

Hey everyone, so i've been having this problem where i'm connected to the internet, it works i can open up my browser and watch videos, go on redit etc. but in the taskbar on the wifi thingy it says "No internet, secured". It does this on every network, no matter if it works or not, it just makes windows think there's no internet meanwhile i can play online games and browse the internet just fine. I'm on Windows 10 Home Insider preview Build 1903 (OS Build 18932.1000)

:)

AmusingMeteor0, Jul 10, 2019

2. suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Jul 10, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    The Internet Security Thread

This thread is for anyone savvy about securing their computer against internet threats of all kinds to discuss with others.

This includes things like rolling your own firewall, patching and locking down Windows and Linux for greater security, discussing security software, privacy on the internet and overall strategies for keeping the bad guys off your computer and identity theft.

Personally, I use a Pentium 3 PC with the IPCop firewall installed on it to block hackers.

IPCop has the following features:

- Professional grade security and features
    - Stateful packet inspection
    - Detailed logs of all hacker hits totalled daily (my favourite feature) including an advanced intrusion detection system
    - Linux-based and turns a PC into a hardened hardware firewall (takes it over completely)
    - Much better security than standard commercial broadband routers
    - Protects large and small networks alike
    - It's open source and completely FREE

www.ipcop.org

I also use Kaspersky Internet Security on all my PC's and keep my wits about me on the internet.

qubit, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

"No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine

internet explorer security

Hi Candy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that the internet is not working. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

a) Which security software is installed in the system?

b) Do you get any error message when the internet is disconnected?

The issue might arise due to misconfigured settings in Internet Explorer, firewalls from the security software interfering with the connection or a virus infection. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance and Internet Explorer security troubleshooters. These can automatically detect and fix any incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with Internet
    Explorer. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key +F to bring up the
    search Charms bar.

b) Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
    Troubleshooting.

c) Click on Troubleshooting
    and select the view all option on the left pane.

d) Click on Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

e) Follow the same steps to run the Internet Explorer security troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to open Internet Explorer in “No-add-ons” mode and check. Refer to these steps:

a) Press Windows key +R

b) Type iexplore.exe –extoff and press enter

c) Now, Internet explorer will be opened without any add on

d) If you don’t face any issue in this mode, then probably an add-on is causing this issue.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to refer to the link and follow steps given in the Microsoft KB article:

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

"No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine

1. "No internet, secured" while i can use the internet completely fine - Similar Threads - internet secured while

2. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  3. Why can I use the internet fine but games randomly disconnect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I use the internet fine but games randomly disconnect?: I just bought a PC and everything worked fine. I switched my router and now my games disconnect. I don’t have a problem finding a lobby but they are unplayable after I join. I’ve tried trouble shooting, running random commands, firewall, everything. Nothing seems to work!...
  4. Why can I use the internet fine but games randomly disconnect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I use the internet fine but games randomly disconnect?: I just bought a PC and everything worked fine. I switched my router and now my games disconnect. I don’t have a problem finding a lobby but they are unplayable after I join. I’ve tried trouble shooting, running random commands, firewall, everything. Nothing seems to work!...
  5. "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.: I'm connected to a Wifi network. On Windows I get the message: "No internet, secured", however the internet browser is working fine.I'm also connected to the same wifi network with my android phone, and internet works fine. Please help...
  6. No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet: Hi, Having an issue where i'm able to surf the internet but the WIFI box is showing 'no internet, secured'. It's causing me to be unable to update windows. i've tried multiple fixes all listed in the below link but nothing has worked. can anyone shed any light on what's...
  7. "No Internet Access, Secured", but Internet works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No Internet Access, Secured", but Internet works fine: Hi, I'm new here. Recently, my computer's wi-fi has been acting up, and I don't know what's wrong with it. It can connect to wireless networks just fine --and I can browse the internet with it-- but it keeps showing that there's "no Internet access". This wouldn't be a...
  8. No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.: Yesterday, the WiFi worked normally. But today, when I opened my laptop and connected it to the internet, it showed "no internet, secured." Strangely, I was able to surf the internet but not windows program such as Cortana, feedback hub, windows update, etc. I've tried to...
  9. WIFI: "No internet, secured" but can connect to internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIFI: "No internet, secured" but can connect to internet?: People often asked why their wifi show connected but they can't go to internet. My situation is opposite. Some wifi network say "No internet, secured" but I can browse website, download, etc... Only some action like create mobile hotspot, automatic update can not be done...
  10. Complete uninstall ESET internet security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Complete uninstall ESET internet security?: Hello, Is there any tutorial to completely unintall ESET. I did an upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 and also deleted the windows folders which was created during the upgrade. I unistalled ESET using REVO unistaller PRO, all the registry entries and the remaining...