Windows 10: No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account

Discus and support No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem: The WIFI connection icon shows the Globe icon with message saying "No internet, secured". I am actually able to connect to the internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChauTieu, Sep 15, 2020.

1. ChauTieu Win User

No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account

Problem:

• The WIFI connection icon shows the Globe icon with message saying "No internet, secured".
    • I am actually able to connect to the internet, for examples browse the web, online skype...
    • The wrong indicator leads to many problem regarding Microsoft Apps: Windows Store, Office 365 Excel, Word..., Weather, Edge... They all say that there is no internet connection so I cannot sign in. This really annoy since I cannot use these apps.

The issue occurs since I updated my Windows 10 couple weeks ago. My windows version is Windows 10 Pro 2004, OS Build 19041.508.

I run Windows 10 on Macbook Pro Retina Mid 2014 bootcamp.

I have tried many solutions in the internet but it is still no hope.

Any help? Thanks.

:)

ChauTieu, Sep 15, 2020
  2. CSMR(2) Win User

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Sep 15, 2020
  3. cw84 Win User
    Cannot sign in to Microsoft Account (Cortana) using Win10

I've just upgraded to Win10, and I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to use Cortana, however I am caught in a loop and it won't accept my credentials.

The credentials are definitely right, verified by accessing the Microsoft account via https://account.microsoft.com. Also, if I type my credentials incorrectly when trying to sign in on my PC I am told the credentials are wrong - therefore I can be certain that the authentication process is taking place.

Steps are as follows:

• Start
    • Type "Your Account"
    • Enter
    • Scroll down on the Setting window
    • "Add a Microsoft account"
    • Enter email and password (for Microsoft account)
    • Sign in

Nothing happens. I am returned to the previous screen and not logged in.

The same is true when I place my cursor in the bottom left hand corner search bar. I am asked to sign in to be able to use Cortana, the dialogues about getting you to sign in just go round in a loop after I've entered my credentials.

4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. No Internet, secured wrong indicator, not able to sign in Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Internet secured wrong

2. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not being able to sign into Microsoft account: When I tried to rest my computer account to start fresh again, it worked fine for a while until when I tried signing in to my Microsoft account but it didn't allow me to I went to go check what was wrong I installed the "PC Help Check" I clicked on sign in and popped up with...
  3. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to sign into Microsoft account: When I tried to rest my computer account to start fresh again, it worked fine for a while until when I tried signing in to my Microsoft account but it didn't allow me to I went to go check what was wrong I installed the "PC Help Check" I clicked on sign in and popped up with...
  4. Not being able to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to sign in to my microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to sign in to my microsoft account: So this problem has been happening since somewhere in the beginning of January when microsoft locked my old account. I had to remove my account of the computer and make a new one, this account is that said new one. After I did it I made a local account and I tried to add my...
  6. signed in with wrong account

in Windows 10 Customization
    signed in with wrong account: i have been signed in with a hotmail account and i have a gmail account so therefore i can not access any of my other user accounts how do i get out of hot mail and back into gmail T V M Allan...
  7. Not able to sign in to Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to sign in to Microsoft account: I had a new hard drive on my laptop installed. For some reason, I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on the laptop. It asks for name and password. It asks for Password again so I can sign in each time to use my laptop. Right now, anyone can access my laptop because the...
  8. Microsoft Account Security - Account protection shows Not signed into Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Security - Account protection shows Not signed into Microsoft: I am signed in on my Laptop using my Microsoft Account. The Windows 10 Page " Account protection" does not recognise I am signed in. The Microsoft Account Section reads "You are not signed into Microsoft"....
  9. Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Account Sign-in no Internet Access: I have already posted the question here Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 build 18362.175 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice...
  10. Wrong indication in taskbar showing no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong indication in taskbar showing no internet connection: I have a Lenovo T520 Laptop Running Win 10 Pro Verssion 1511 OS Build 10586.633. The problem I'm having is that in the status bar, the icon showing the internet connection has the good old yellow triangle and when I hover my cursor over the icon it says "NO INTERNET...