Windows 10: no internet setting will no open, troubleshooting will not work

Discus and support no internet setting will no open, troubleshooting will not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating last night my computer has no internet. In settings when I open up the Network Tab it closes. I tried to troubleshoot but I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GailWilcox1, Jun 12, 2021.

1. no internet setting will no open, troubleshooting will not work

After updating last night my computer has no internet. In settings when I open up the Network Tab it closes. I tried to troubleshoot but I get a "diagnostics policy service is not running. What can I do?

:)

GailWilcox1, Jun 12, 2021

2. Troubleshoot fix setting

Hi Francis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue are you facing?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • Do you have any issue with Internet connection?
    If you are facing issues with Internet connectivity, I suggest you to run the in-built Internet connections troubleshooter.
    Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connection.
    • Follow the instruction.
    Hope this helps. If issue persists, please reply with information for further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 12, 2021
  4. no internet setting will no open, troubleshooting will not work

Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

no internet setting will no open, troubleshooting will not work

1. no internet setting will no open, troubleshooting will not work - Similar Threads - internet setting open

2. Settings not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not opening/working: Hello to the people reading this.i have encountered a problem with my settings app, i have tried every solution on the internet and it still doesnt work. And some solutions have problems like: *windows+R cmd admin not working*powershell admin not working etc....i would be...
  3. Settings not opening/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings not opening/working: Hello to the people reading this.i have encountered a problem with my settings app, i have tried every solution on the internet and it still doesnt work. And some solutions have problems like: *windows+R cmd admin not working*powershell admin not working etc....i would be...
  4. Can't open "Network & Internet" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open "Network & Internet" settings: Running Windows version 10.0.19043 build 19043Hey there! Hope you're all doing well. I'm having a problem with Windows, and I'm wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar.Basically, whenever I try to open my "Network & Internet" settings, the loading screen appears...
  5. The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings: Hi, When I click on the WIFI icon and try to open the network and Internet settings, no window opens I tried to do the same using the settings option in the windows icon and also couldn't open the network and internet settings window. Any help is similar....
  6. The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings: When I click on the WIFI icon and try to open the network and internet settings, no window opens I tried to do the same using the settings option in the windows icon and also couldn't open the network and internet settings window. Any help is appreciated....
  7. Network & Internet setting not working

Network & Internet setting not working: I am trying to reconnect my wifi to my desktop but when I click on settings and then network & internet the window just closes. It also happens if I use the quick actions icon. I have the internet on other devices so it does not appear to be a wifi problem. I am on Windows...
  8. Can't open the "Network & Internet" settings It anything internet related settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the "Network & Internet" settings It anything internet related settings.: The second time this happens, the internet disconects (works fine on all the other devices) by itself with the message "DNS_PROBE_STARTED" and after a while "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET". If I try to go to the Network & Internet settings, as soon as I click on it, the...
  9. Network & Internet window is not open in the setting

Network & Internet window is not open in the setting: When I click on WIFIi Icon and try to open network and internet setting - no window open I tried to do same using setup option under windows icon and also not able to open the network and internet setting window. Please advise...
  10. Network and internet settings couldnt open

in Windows 10 Support
    Network and internet settings couldnt open: anyone can help me to solve this network and internet settings could not open? Mywifi connected but i could not open the network and internet settings..the windows settings work fine except for this network and internet settings not functioning..using windows 10.and could not...