Windows 10: No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

Discus and support No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CR_777, Apr 18, 2022.

1. CR_777 Win User

No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any suggestions? I'm using ethernet, not wifi.

:)

CR_777, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Changing internet type on a internet passthrough ethernet connection

Hi SanJ16,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the following steps on your laptop and check if it works.

1. Open ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Network and Internet’.
    2. Click on ‘Ethernet’ and tap ‘Properties’ for the network connection.
    3. Set it to ‘Private’ and turn on ‘Make this PC discoverable’.
    4. Close settings when finished.

Hope it helps,

Junaid_A, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 18, 2022
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

1. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected - Similar Threads - internet though ethernet

2. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  3. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  4. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am: Windows says i'm not connected to the internet. And when i open the networking box, it says "no internet" even though i can still easily use everything that need the use of internet. Somehow my windows just doesn't seem to understand that it has internet acces. I have tried...
  5. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am: Windows says i'm not connected to the internet. And when i open the networking box, it says "no internet" even though i can still easily use everything that need the use of internet. Somehow my windows just doesn't seem to understand that it has internet acces. I have tried...
  6. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

7. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows says i'm not connected to internet, even though i am

9. Windows 10 - "No Internet access" (even though I'm clearly connected)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - "No Internet access" (even though I'm clearly connected): I recently updated to Win10 version 2004 without any issues (aside from the already identified issue with drive optimization). A few moments ago, I also decided to update my graphics driver to the most recent version (Nvidia 452.06). I followed the same procedure I've done...
  10. Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine

Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine: I have a weird little issue more like a minor annoyance than anything My pc is displaying the "not connected" symbol in the taksbar, however i am connected and have no issues using the internet....