Windows 10: No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle

Discus and support No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howzit we lost the Internet connection on our Windows 10 v1909 computers this morning. So I bust out my handy dandy USB Wi-Fi dongles in order to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hongkongpom, Apr 21, 2020.

1. No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle

Howzit we lost the Internet connection on our Windows 10 v1909 computers this morning.

So I bust out my handy dandy USB Wi-Fi dongles in order to connect to my phone’s tethering.

Previously once I had joined the tethering's Wi-Fi signal, I got Internet service straight away.

However despite it showing that I was connected to the Wi-Fi, I couldn’t get any Internet connection.
    I tried rebooting my confuser and also the dongle but still no Internet.
    I whipped out my tablet and used It to test the tethering and it got Internet with no problem.

The only way to get the Internet working using the dongle, was to disable the LAN network adapter!

This is a new situation and maybe a bug fyi.

:)

hongkongpom, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

Read more: Microsoft Windows 10 patent looks to improve Wi-Fi tethering

Brink, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 21, 2020
  4. No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle

Marivel Man, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle

1. No Internet using tethering and Wi-Fi dongle - Similar Threads - Internet using tethering

2. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  3. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet, no wi-fi: I love my Toshiba 3 in 1 laptop/notebook. Bought used 5-7 years ago. Everything worked "perfectly". System type: 64-bit operating, x64-based processor. Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 21H1, Installed 10/19/2021.PROBLEM:While on the web downloading an antivirus program, a...
  4. No internet, no wi-fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wi-Fi and Internet

Wi-Fi and Internet: I am having a problem with my laptop staying connected to the Internet. I can have it connected but if I leave long enough for it to go to sleep I loose the internet. It is still connected to the Wi-Fi though. I have to delete my wireless adaptor and reinstall to get the...
  6. Internet, WI FI

Internet, WI FI: My whole identity has been stolen, there is hackers on my fon right now this one, ive just noticed lately though that mine is shutting off to and going to public internet, im so lost, ive turned some things in but they dont give u enuff space to tell it all or i know i would...
  7. Wi Fi Internet

Wi Fi Internet: Hi, there I can't connect my friend's laptop to my wifi network. when I open to show wi-fi networks I can see other networks but not mine. He can see my network and connect his phone without a problem. Help, please....
  8. using wi fi dongle on windows 10

using wi fi dongle on windows 10: dear sirs, I have a dongle and sim card using 3 network. The dongle E353U worked fine on windows Vista. Now I've upgraded to Windows 10 the dongle is not working. Is there a solution to this problem. yours, M.A.Magrs....
  9. USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB tethering disables WI-fi adapter: Standard hook up is wirelessly connect to an Epson vs230 Projector and then use usb tethering with an Android Phone for internet access. My wife is a teacher and has been using this setup for the last year and a half in her classroom. Coincidence or not, I did just install...
  10. USB wi-fi dongle for desktop PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wi-fi dongle for desktop PC: I live in the UK and recently decided to upgrade my home system. I previously used a Dell PC in my conservatory and an identical one in the main house, upstairs in an office (small bedroom). The office has a phone socket that runs outside the house and is joined to the BT...