Windows 10: No internet using Windows 10 Hotspot feature

Discus and support No internet using Windows 10 Hotspot feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Im experiencing an issue with the mobile Hotspot feature on Windows 10 (latest version 2H20). I want to share my Ethernet or cellular connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fazio437, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Fazio437 Win User

No internet using Windows 10 Hotspot feature

Hello,
    Im experiencing an issue with the mobile Hotspot feature on Windows 10 (latest version 2H20).
    I want to share my Ethernet or cellular connection (modem within my Elitebook) via wireless to smartphone and else.
    When I turn on the hotspot, Im able to connect my devices to it without issues, the IP lease is valid and obtained correctly. On the network panel its showed internet connectivity on the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual adapter, but unfortunately no internet connection on any connected device.
    I tried to reinstall all the device adapters with no luck, disabled firewall and AVG but still no luck. The issue seems to be present since 10 days and before I remember to be able to use the hotspot without issues.
    Any suggestion or advices?
    Thank you!

:)

Fazio437, Nov 10, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Mobile Hotspot via USB tethered cell phone

Hi Phattie,

Just to clarify, are you trying to share the internet connection received by your Windows 10 laptop to other devices you have like Xbox? If so, we suggest to enable Mobile Hotspot feature on your Windows 10 by performing the following steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot tab on the left pane.
    • Turn on the "Share my Internet connection with other devices".
    • If you want to edit network info, click Edit.
    • Check your other device if it will detect your Windows 10 Mobile hotspot feature.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 Hotspot feature not working.

Hi,

There are several reasons as to why this issue occurred. For us to provide the best resolution for your concern, we need additional information:

• Are you connecting your devices to the PC's hotspot? Or are you using a mobile hotspot to connect your PC?
    • Are there any error messages when you're connecting to the hotspot?
    • Did you try disabling and enabling the feature then try connecting your devices?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. No internet using Windows 10 Hotspot feature - Similar Threads - internet using Hotspot

2. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  3. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  4. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. hotspot using bridged internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot using bridged internet connection: Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to...
  6. hotspot using bridged internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot using bridged internet connection: Hello,I have a second computer that i use as server. It has an network poort on the motherboard and an intel 2 poort NIC where 2 pc's are connected. i use a networkbridge to give the 2 pc's there lan access. lan is provided with cabel. Now i want to use an USB wifi adapter to...
  7. hotspot using bridged internet connection

8. Windows 10 hotspot crashes the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hotspot crashes the internet: When i enable the hotspot of my Windows 10 laptop, connect another device to the hotspot and start using the internet and/or downloading things, the internet connection of my laptop crashes for several seconds, which disrupts everything - after the connection is restored...
  9. Using windows 10 as a hotspot

Using windows 10 as a hotspot: Good day to everyone, I am currently trying to set up windows 10 as a hotspot for my playstation and mobile. However, when i go inot settings it says "we cannot set up a mobile hotspot" when i try to share connections. I have also tried the method using the command...
  10. Hotspot internet using Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotspot internet using Bluetooth: In Windows 10, when internet hotspot is available on Bluetooth, how do you set your Bluetooth settings to get internet via Bluetooth instead of usual wifi OR SIMULTANEOUSLY BE ABLE TO USE THEM BOTH TO INCREASE EFFICIENCY AND/Or SPEED? There do not appear to be settings for...