Windows 10: no internet via wifi range extender

Discus and support no internet via wifi range extender in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 installed major updates this morning now I cannot get onto the internet via my range extender this has always been intermittent in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dave45, Dec 14, 2015.

1. dave45 Win User

no internet via wifi range extender

windows 10 installed major updates this morning now I cannot get onto the internet via my range extender this has always been intermittent in the past but could get it to work eventually I have run the connection diagnostics and its telling me there are components missing and will not connect?

if I move rooms so that I am directly linked to the router instead of the extender everything works fine.

:)

dave45, Dec 14, 2015
  2. omne---01 Win User

Sharing the internet u recive with wifi on ur E72 with ur pc

Well, it is possible to get internet from mobile, but I'm not sure if that's the case for WiFi connection, Nokia PC have an option which will let you to use your phone's as modem via Bluetooth, but you can't use your mobile as router or WiFi extender.

IMO get a WiFi range extender!

omne---01, Dec 14, 2015
  3. extend wifi range from windows ethernet

Hey guyz

Please help me out in setting up the network on window 10 to extend the wifi range

1. I have a window 10 laptop connected to the Wifi internet of the building

2. i have a old wifi modem connected to the pc through ethernet (lan) port

( my modem has only one LAN Port )

Now what i want to do is to connect the pc and the old wifi modem with ethernet cable and then share the wifi internet to modem via windows so that modem can further extend the wifi range.

please let me know if it possible.

KashishGarg, Dec 14, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Ran troubleshooting and did it lists what exactly was missing, if it works using the routers wifi without the extender then i would believe you found the issue being the extender since it has been intermittent in the past. Been issues here with WiFi extenders, doubt the Windows update caused it.

jds63, Dec 14, 2015
  5. dave45 Win User
    Should have said all other devices work through extender I pad I phones etc
    this has been intermittent since I upgraded to Windows 10 it would work fine if I left it for around 30 mins and then shut down and powered up but after the update this morning it does not want to know.

dave45, Dec 14, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Same similar issue here if you read, seemed to be the extender as all other devices worked fine to.
    VERY Slow Internet After Upgrade to 10

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no internet via wifi range extender - Similar Threads - internet via wifi

2. wifi range issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi range issue: Hello, so i had a keyboard short circuit couple of months back and then i got it fixed but right after that i started facing issues with my wifi. The wifi connections don't show up only. if i'm sitting right next to my router then only it does while the other devices in the...
  3. No internet access via Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access via Wifi: Hello.In a couple laptops running under Windows 10 20H2 have the same network issue.One if the laptop have latest updates, one only till July 2021.The problem is, when laptops is connected to the Wifi network was tested a lot of networks I can ping IP address 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8...
  4. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  5. RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT: NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender-connect/c60932bd-359e-4c9e-8fe9-121b2b586916
  6. Range Extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Range Extender: How do I connect a tp-link wifi range extender to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender/ecdd9823-8486-4b89-9795-c2f9d50287ff
  7. wireless range extender

wireless range extender: was trying to put in a wi fi 4 extender. put in the wrong password. now i cannot connect. how do i completely get rid of it and start over. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-range-extender/757037cb-f493-4175-8177-7c12b8c1d06a
  8. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender Network not available on my PCs: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four each Windows 10 PCs and Smartphones being used at my home with WiFi. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by all mobile phones and by the Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my...
  9. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four WiFi Windows 10 PCs being used at my home. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by my mobile phone and by my Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my PCs sometimes pick up the...
  10. How extend range of wi-fi

How extend range of wi-fi: I'd like to know what the options are to extend my wi-fi signal range. I have extra routers if that help and I'm hoping to not spend a lot of money. Thank you. 98411