Windows 10: No internet while playing games

Discus and support No internet while playing games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hadn't used this computer in a couple months, so when I came back, I had to do a lot of updates and the like. Most notably was the blue windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luke Lanier, Jan 16, 2021.

1. No internet while playing games

I hadn't used this computer in a couple months, so when I came back, I had to do a lot of updates and the like. Most notably was the blue windows installation screen, whichever update that was.

Anyway, I came back to play some games, but I have no internet while the game is in the foreground. Also, when the game is in the background, I get no internet at all if it's in fullscreen. When I close the game, everything works fine. It seems to only be when playing games. Unfortunately, this also means I can't play any online games.

This is further evidenced by leaving a ping test running in the background. When game is open in the foregroundand background, if fullscreen, all requests time out. When game is closed, it is normal.

Something to note is that is only this computer that is affected. All the other computers on the network have no problem. Also, I had run a speedtest, and one time only, it got stuck on the upload, and I was able to play a game in the foreground, albiet with lag.

Some things I've done:

• All my drivers are up to date
    • I've restarted my computer several times
    • I've ran the network troubleshooter several times.
    • I've flushed dns cache
    • I've tried with firewall/antivirus disabled.

I am led to believe this is software or service related, since this didn't happen before that blue screen update, and no hardware has changed.

:)

Luke Lanier, Jan 16, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Playing games on facebook games freeze on Internet explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

1. Are you facing the issue with other websites while playing online?

2. Does the issue occur only while playing online games?

3. Does the issue occur while playing in other browsers?

Meanwhile I suggest you to follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

a. Click on search and type troubleshooting.

b. Select Troubleshooting.

c. Select View all on the top left corner.

d. Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 16, 2021
  4. No internet while playing games

Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

No internet while playing games

1. No internet while playing games - Similar Threads - internet while playing

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer: So before one or two months i got a pc and i play World of tanks, Rocket league, Valorant and League of Legends. I don`t have problems with the last two but with WOT and RL i get disconnected from the servers probably once in a 10 games and it is VERY annoying. The problem...
  4. Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disconnects while playing games on my computer: So before one or two months i got a pc and i play World of tanks, Rocket league, Valorant and League of Legends. I don`t have problems with the last two but with WOT and RL i get disconnected from the servers probably once in a 10 games and it is VERY annoying. The problem...
  5. Internet disconnecting while playing certain games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet disconnecting while playing certain games: This problem has been occurring for a year now, I once fixed it by messing around with the settings and the other time It was fixed by a computer maintainer, but recently, it came back for some reason, and it is very annoying. basically, what happens is that my internet...
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. Bluescreening while playing games.

Bluescreening while playing games.: Hello, Several times over the last few days, my computer has bluescreened while playing two different games. Using Event Viewer, I obtained this info on the crash: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 0xffffc83a4438d388,...
  8. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  9. BSOD While browsing the Internet, rendering videos and playing games

BSOD While browsing the Internet, rendering videos and playing games: Hello, I'm getting BSODs everyday while watching videos on YouTube, rendering videos with Adobe Premiere and playing games. The funny thing is that they come randomly, I can play for a whole day without a BSOD or sometimes I'll just play for about half an hour and get a...
  10. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...