Windows 10: No IP address for Ethernet connection

Discus and support No IP address for Ethernet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a Netgear router. The Ethernet connection on the computer is not recognized because it does not have an IP address. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cgmartine, Feb 13, 2019.

1. cgmartine Win User

No IP address for Ethernet connection

I recently bought a Netgear router. The Ethernet connection on the computer is not recognized because it does not have an IP address. How can I fix that?

:)

cgmartine, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Danweel Win User

Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

I have this problem everywhere, not just at home. Though at home I have access to connect directly or with the Ethernet, which doesn't seem to change the issue at all. Specifically, we've tried assigning IP addresses manually already.

If I didn't understand your suggestion though, just let me know what steps I need to do.

Danweel, Feb 13, 2019
  3. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Unable to find printer IP Address

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Here are the few settings that you can try to find the IP address of the printer that are connected on the same network.

Method 1:

1. Search for CMD on the start menu, right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
    2. Type in arp –a on the command prompt and hit enter.
    3. You will find list of all the IP connected to the system.
    4. Look for the dynamic IP address.
    5. Copy and paste the IP on your browser, and the IP that opens your Printer setup page will be the IP for the printer.

Method 2:

1. You can try to ping the printer name, by typing
      ping <printer name> on the command prompt that will give you the printer IP address.
    2. You can also refer to this
      suggestion
      posted by BulldogXX on January 13.
    3. Check for the Canon IJ Network Tool from the post above, as you have mention you are using Canon printer.

You can type in ipconfig and find your Ethernet adapter IP address, if the printers are on wired network, and if the printer IP address has the same network address as your Ethernet network address then the printer
    is in wired network, and same goes for the Wireless network.

You can also compare the SSID of the WIFI and the SSID of the printer, if the SSID matched then the printer is on WIFI network, same goes for the Ethernet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. No IP address for Ethernet connection - Similar Threads - address Ethernet connection

2. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip address: I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and...
  3. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip address: I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and...
  4. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet IP address keep resetting daily

Ethernet IP address keep resetting daily: For a span of 4 years using only one Ethernet connection, everything worked fine for me. Everytime i plugged the cable in, the system automatically realize/give it an address and I can do everything normally. Even after switching to Ubuntu and back to Windows during that 4...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 Ethernet no IP Address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 Ethernet no IP Address: I just installed Windows 10 Home 20H2 and my hard wired ethernet connection no longer connects to the internet, but the WiFi connection does work. I have run the Troubleshooter on the Ethernet connection and it says that it does not have an IP address. Uninstalling the...
  7. Ethernet Does Not have a Valid IP Address

Ethernet Does Not have a Valid IP Address: I cannot get my ethernet to register with a valid IP Address. I have taken the steps given to no avail. I have unplugged my router, then my modem. I turned them back on in reverse order after each one complete reengaged. Still nothing. I am at my wits end...I need help to...
  8. ethernet does not have valid IP address

ethernet does not have valid IP address: I have a W10 PC away from my main computer linked to my main wireless network by an airport express. All worked well but when I re-started after an absence of a month I could not get connected to the internet from my remote computer and had the message 'Ethernet doesn't have...
  9. OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address: Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect. I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it...
  10. 169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip

169 ip Address, media disconnected, invalid ethernet ip: Hi I am an absolute extreme beginner in trying to install my own website (for my small business) using my home computer as my server for now, etc. Took me days to understand what I was supposed to install where and confusion arose many a time with all the ins and outs....