Windows 10: No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

Discus and support No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this! I have tested my IPv6 connectivity on my Windows 10 Pro v1909 using Test your IPv6. and I have IPv6 available on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by saosilvestre, May 28, 2020.

1. No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this!

I have tested my IPv6 connectivity on my Windows 10 Pro v1909 using Test your IPv6. and I have IPv6 available on my machine. It reports 10/10 tests ok. Nice!

However, when I repeat the same test inside Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) for Edge and Windows Sandbox I am informed that I have no IPv6 at all.

To make matters worse, I have installed Hyper-V. I have created an Hyper-V Virtual Switch, type "external", which "wraps" the wifi net adapter. The result: the first test which reported ok now reports no IPv6 at all. Of course, WDAG and Sandbox continue to report no IPv6.

As one might expect from above scenario, my Virtual Machine (another Windows 10 Pro v1909 run via Hyper-V and the aforementioned external vSwitch ) sees no IPv6 at all.

The only thing I have tried to solve the problem was to enable Routing and Remote Access, setting it to Automatic and Automatic (delayed start). No luck.

Nonetheless, IPv4 continues to work fine (otherwise I would not be able to create and type this thread!).

If anyone have any idea I would be glad to hear.

Thanks for your attention.

:)

saosilvestre, May 28, 2020

2. No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this!

I have tested my IPv6 connectivity on my Windows 10 Pro v1909 using Test your IPv6. and I have IPv6 available on my machine. It reports 10/10 tests ok. Nice!

However, when I repeat the same test inside Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) for Edge and Windows Sandbox I am informed that I have no IPv6 at all.

To make matters worse, I have installed Hyper-V. I have created an Hyper-V Virtual Switch, type "external", which "wraps" the wifi net adapter. The result: the first test which reported ok now reports no IPv6 at all. Of course, WDAG and Sandbox continue to report no IPv6.

As one might expect from above scenario, my Virtual Machine (another Windows 10 Pro v1909 run via Hyper-V and the aforementioned external vSwitch ) sees no IPv6 at all.

The only thing I have tried to solve the problem was to enable Routing and Remote Access, setting it to Automatic and Automatic (delayed start). No luck.

Nonetheless, IPv4 continues to work fine (otherwise I would not be able to create and type this thread!).

If anyone have any idea I would be glad to hear.

Thanks for your attention.

saosilvestre, May 29, 2020
  3. Pino-55 Win User
    Hyper-V IPv6 & VPN issue

I have a Windows 10 desktop (64 bit version 1909)

Hyper-V is installed (I am running a Ubuntu VM)

IPv6 is installed and operational (native with DHCP-PD running on the router)

When I connect to my VPN provider, using OpenVPN it fails to connect on IPv6, although the provider supports this and I have verified this on a machine that does not have Hyper-V installed.

The issue seems to be how the TAP-9 interface is handled.

Specifically on the Hyper-V machine Tap-9 interface there is no IPv6 address (other than link-local) and no IPv6 DNS server address. Both exist on the non Hyper-V machine.

Looking at the registry I can see that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters: DisabledComponents is set to 1(hex) and this appears to be the setting for 'disable IPv6 on all tunnel interfaces'. On the non Hyper-V this key
    is absent.

My questions are

Is this key the cause of my issues (i.e. is the TAP-9 interface treated as a tunnel?)

What are the risks if I remove or disable this key while Hyper-V is installed and running?

Is there an alternate solution (registry setting) that will allow IPv6 through the VPN tunnel while Hyper-V is running?

Thank you

Pino-55, May 29, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909

A mystery to me too, I've been running Hyper-V on two W10 Pro machines, both on 1909 (build 18363.592).

You should do if Hyper-V has been installed successfully. For reference, these are the services I have....

No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909 [​IMG]

There is also the Hyper-V Manager, which is the virtmgmt.msc snap-in for the MMC management console.

Thema:

No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909

1. No IPv6 inside WDAG, Sandbox and Hyper-V - Windows 10 Pro, v 1909 - Similar Threads - IPv6 inside WDAG

2. Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909: Like the title says, Hyper-V fails to install on Windows 10 v.1909. [OS build 18363.592] It's a mystery to me, because I successfully installed and used Hyper-V on earlier versions of Windows. Yes, I've got the necessary hardware and BIOS support (I successfully installed and...
  3. Hyper-V IPv6 & VPN issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V IPv6 & VPN issue: I have a Windows 10 desktop 64 bit version 1909 Hyper-V is installed I am running a Ubuntu VM IPv6 is installed and operational native with DHCP-PD running on the router When I connect to my VPN provider, using OpenVPN it fails to connect on IPv6, although the provider...
  4. BSOD every time Hyper-v machines are on, Windows 10 Pro v.1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time Hyper-v machines are on, Windows 10 Pro v.1909: BSOD every time Hyper-v machines are turned on, Windows 10 Pro v.1909 crashes, can someone help, I cant find a reason for it and it started since previous windows version update and still persists in 1909. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright...
  5. windows 10 pro and hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro and hyper-v: I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-hyper-v/1cfc575c-745d-4990-88ab-58ff447af7a6
  6. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  7. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...