Windows 10: No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

Discus and support No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

Read more...

:)

Brink, Oct 21, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Oct 21, 2014
  3. SP2915 Win User
    How to stop Windows Defender updates?

Thanks, Luc.

I have 2 computers, one desktop and a laptop with Windows 10 installed in both of them. My Desktop has been updated to build 9860 and I am waiting to happen it with my laptop. But, I am not receiving Windows Defender updates in my desktop. It seems like
    everything is fine with my desktop. But, it is this laptop that is receiving these Windows Defender updates.

SP2915, Oct 21, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information Shawn.
    Shame that there is no ISO.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 21, 2014
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    I know people like to do clean installs, albeit just updated three computers yesterday all at the same time. . .sweet didn't have to do each one separately thus getting all three done in about thirty minutes. . .*Smile

6. BunnyJ New Member
    The update went fine for me.
    Still I would like an ISO but this will work as well.

BunnyJ, Oct 21, 2014
  7. davehc Win User
    The ESD file is in the recovery folder. It is possible to convert this to an ISO

davehc, Oct 21, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks..

BunnyJ, Oct 21, 2014
  9. Nothing new on MSDN either? Not yet anyway. I would rather do a clean install, but I'll do an upgrade if that's the only option.

alphanumeric, Oct 21, 2014
  10. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Oct 21, 2014
  11. I've already posted how to. In case you miss:
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...ld-9860-a.html I only have the one PC running 10 TP Enterprise. You have to do at least one online upgrade to get the files right, so I may as well do it. Thanks for the link anyway though. If I decide to try 10 on my desktop again I'll have a look see.

12. Hi

I'm glad they did it this way, this time.
    I have pretty much all of my software installed in Windows 10 and I'm using it exclusively as my OS.

I didn't really want to start over from scratch again.

I've been making a system image every other day or so and have restored 3 times already.

Everything went smooth with the update and I have already made a system image of it.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 21, 2014
  13. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

It's great when it works, but if you end up with issues it can be a pain to sort them out.

14. So what are people with VMs doing? It feels high and dry here. I wish they would get off the Windows Update hobby horse. It just doesn't work that well.

MilesAhead, Oct 21, 2014
  15. Trust_No1 Win User
    So, it would appear that the Metro Start screen is totally gone?

I am running this on a touch laptop and see very little difference from desktop version. I haven't installed it on my tablet, can anyone tell me if they have?

I predict this windows concept will fail, as it is, I find very little about it I like

Trust_No1, Oct 21, 2014
Thema:

1. No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860 - Similar Threads - ISOs build 9860

2. Flash won't install on Build 9860

in Browsers and Email
    Flash won't install on Build 9860: Strange thing just happened - I have updated to Build 9860, in fact, I reinstalled the original Win10 TP, then updated to 9860 right away and now am in the process of setting up. Suddenly I got the following message while installing Adobe Flash: "The user does not have...
  3. Windows defender service won't start (build 9860)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender service won't start (build 9860): Hi there Anybody encountered THIS problem yet (I have no other AV software running). Windows defender won't start. Cheers jimbo 2726
  4. Can't update windows build from 9860

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update windows build from 9860: every time i updated the OS its always comes with error that the connection down. please help 3715
  5. TRI boot with new build 9860

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TRI boot with new build 9860: Hello all, on my system i have 1 HDD with duel boot WIN 7 and WIn 8.1 when i installed win 10 TP i istalled it on a second laptop drive i had hanging around and managed to prefabricate a fit into my Pc. all i had to do was enter the BIOS at switch on and select witch drive...
  6. Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860

Fresh Install Windows 10 TP Build 9860: If you have multiple PC's to update or having trouble updating VM or don't want to see multiple Recovery partitions created from the update. If you've already have the C:\RecoveryImage folder or if someone can put it in the dropbox for you to download. Download:...
  7. Build 9860 ISO

Build 9860 ISO: My prefered pc refuses to upgrade to build 9860 so I tried, sucessfully to upgrade the second one. Before I had configured restore it crashed big time. I have removed the hdd and formatted it, I won't bother to put it on that machine again. I was wondering whether the ISO...
  8. Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Now Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  9. Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: 41 percent of testers installed build 9860: Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new version of Windows 10 build 9860. This updated build has a lot of new features over 9841, many of which were not announced when the download went live. Of those who downloaded the build, 41% installed it on their desktop, 32% on...
  10. Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9860 Spotted Online, New Languages Includ: Work on Windows 10 continues and Microsoft has recently completed development of a new testing build that has reportedly been spotted online, most likely as the company shipped it to partners and private testers. Windows 10 build 9860, which is still part of the preview...