Windows 10: No jack info

Discus and support No jack info in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everybody, recently, my audio won't play. I checked for everything I could think of: uninstalled the device in Device Manager; even uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tr0ubl3mak3r, Oct 26, 2020.

1. No jack info

Hi everybody, recently, my audio won't play. I checked for everything I could think of:

• uninstalled the device in Device Manager; even uninstalled the device and the driver,
    • ran the troubleshooter,
    • tried to change the version of the Realtek driver,
    • checked Windows Update for updates a lot of times,
    • Disabled auto search for the device drivers in Control Panel->System and Security->System->Advanced system settings->Hardware tab->Device Installation Settings, and downloaded the drivers individually.

Nothing seems to be working. It just tells me that "no jack information available". What's suspicious, though, is that when I run the troubleshooter with the headset attached, it tells me no jack information for both my built-in speakers and the headset, although the headset works just fine.

My best guess is that it's somehow driver-related, but I tried different versions of the driver, and it doesn't help.

If anybody knows of a possible solution, it would be very nice if you could help me. I really hope I don't have to reinstall Windows.

:)

Tr0ubl3mak3r, Oct 26, 2020
  2. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Magic Jack compatibility problem

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists even after trying so many suggestions.

• What and all steps have you tried?
    • Do you face the same voice issue when you are using other apps?
    If it is the issue with Magic Jack, you need to contact Magic Jack support.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 26, 2020
  4. No jack info

Headphone Jack Splitter Fix?

Hi,

Can you please is the Microphone is listed in the device manager after you connected to jack or not.

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager & expand Audio Inputs and Outputs

Step 2:

If Microphone is listed Select Microphone and right-click then select Enable Device

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

No jack info

1. No jack info - Similar Threads - jack info

2. When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up: > I bought a new microphone and plugged it into my PC. At first, it was not showing up or working. Then, when I plugged the microphone into another PC, it worked. However, on my PC, it still doesn't work. > In YouTube videos, people suggest uninstalling the device and letting...
  3. When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up: > I bought a new microphone and plugged it into my PC. At first, it was not showing up or working. Then, when I plugged the microphone into another PC, it worked. However, on my PC, it still doesn't work. > In YouTube videos, people suggest uninstalling the device and letting...
  4. When I plug my audio jack into my PC, it is not showing up or popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  6. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  7. My audio jack on my PC doesn't detect my headphones when I plug them in after installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio jack on my PC doesn't detect my headphones when I plug them in after installing...: I just installed a new motherboard on my PC. When I booted it up and plugged my headphones in the computer shows no recognition that I have plugged something in. In the sound device manager it says that my headphones aren't even plugged in....
  8. audio jack info not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack info not showing: audio jack info not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-info-not-showing/f796751a-28e2-4e62-b876-67c1f63c7b09
  9. audio jack info not showing

audio jack info not showing: audio jack info not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-info-not-showing/f796751a-28e2-4e62-b876-67c1f63c7b09
  10. Audio "Jack Info" modification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio "Jack Info" modification: Hello, I have an issue where my headset is plugged in but no audio is coming from it. I checked the Sound control panel and noticed that my "Speakers" device is my new default device and is currently using the "L R", "C Sub", and "LR RR" Rear panel jacks on the motherboard....