Windows 10: No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?

Discus and support No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can help me as I've becoming overwhelmed with junk mail/spam 100+ per day. This relates to an IMAP account I access via Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lili_Oubliette, Aug 16, 2020.

1. No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me as I've becoming overwhelmed with junk mail/spam 100+ per day.

This relates to an IMAP account I access via Windows Mail. There doesn't seem to be any kind of spam filter built into Windows Mail, except for with the two Hotmail accounts I also access through the app.

I've just downloaded a Mail Wash app but I'm not keep to have this running on top of all my other programs if there's a simpler solution.

I also have this problem on my phone, using the Outlook app Android and it doubles up the spam because it doesn't seem to sync with what I delete on my laptop and vice versa.

Ideas, suggestions, thoughts etc. very welcome.

Many thanks,

Liz

:)

Lili_Oubliette, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

No spam filtering in Mail?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Are you using Mail app or Outlook mail?

I would like to bring it to your notice that there Is no folder by name spam its been replaced by Junk.

Issue 1:

I suggest you to refer the link if you are using Mail app suggested by
    Deepika Gowda on January 27, 2016.

Where are spam/ junk emails in Mail app on Windows 10

If you are referring to Outlook refer the link below.

Overview of the Junk Email Filter.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...l-filter-5ae3ea8e-cf41-4fa0-b02a-3b96e21de089

Issue 2:

Import favorites in Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/import-favorites-in-microsoft-edge

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 16, 2020
  3. dencal Win User
    Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

You need to reread my post...it is NOT in the junk folder, just marked out as junk....Windows Mail does have a filtering system.
    Your whole post does not make sense.....do you use Windows Mail?

dencal, Aug 16, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?

Windows Live Mail Junk not junk

Sorry, no this is completely wrong. The sender is EasyJet. You might think they are junk, I might not.

Windows Mail doesn't have any junk filtering. It comes from the host. If it is in the IMAP folder called junk it arrives in the Windows mail folder called junk. If it comes from gmail perhaps it is called spam.

Maybe sometimes trash is called rubbish bin or something else but you must realise the folder definition and rules are on the host.

Thema:

No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail?

1. No junk/spam filter for IMAP accounts in Windows Mail? - Similar Threads - junk spam filter

2. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where is spam junk mail in windows 10?: spam junk mail in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-spam-junk-mail-in-windows-10/7fe1a900-7913-4c82-a968-dc9b2b75728d
  3. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is spam junk mail in windows 10?: spam junk mail in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-spam-junk-mail-in-windows-10/7fe1a900-7913-4c82-a968-dc9b2b75728d
  4. where is spam junk mail in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. spam/junk folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    spam/junk folder: where can I find the spam/junk folder please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spamjunk-folder/60f46f95-9544-477f-b034-22290fd5eb1b
  6. Windows Mail - Adding an imap account

Windows Mail - Adding an imap account: Hello, So, I want to link my work mail account to the desktop app and no matter what I always end up having a "Can't get mail" message below my account. Step by step, here's what I'm doing : Under Account, select Add Account In the popup, choose Advanced setup and then...
  7. Editing junk filter list

in Browsers and Email
    Editing junk filter list: Web version of Outlook junk mail filters are just not doing the job. I am trying this as an attempt to shorten up the list. Multiple duplicates in list just by changing one of the numbers/letters in the username keeping the domain name. i.e. look at the top entry (picked at...
  8. Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Junk / Spam filters not working or working too well Outlook 2016: Hi folks Anybody else having this problem (outlook 2016 -- NOT EXCHANGE type mail servers) Spam / junk rules just don't seem to work properly any more -- sometimes stuff hoes into SPAM folder and even if you say move it always to inbox or supply rules -- it does an initial...
  9. How to dissable Junk Filtering in Windows Mail ?

How to dissable Junk Filtering in Windows Mail ?: I have got Hotmail account and very often when waiting for important e-mail it is landing to junk. Other e-mails that should be trashed - often are landing to inbox folder. I don't want to play every time adding new address to whitelist. I want to disable junk service. I...
  10. Outlook Junk Mail Filter Stopped Working

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Junk Mail Filter Stopped Working: I am running Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. In the past about 70% of my email message would be sent to the junk mail folder. Now Outlook rarely flags any message as junk. I have set the Junk Email Options to "High" and have run the Office Repair Function. Nothing...