Windows 10: No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.

Discus and support No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.If I am trying to reboot my system in safe mode then also it is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 1VinayGupta1, Sep 15, 2022.

1. No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.

No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.If I am trying to reboot my system in safe mode then also it is not working because I am not able to write anything.It seems like the virus has taken over my laptop completely. Also I have tried many types of anti-virus like Avast, MBSetup-59E4656E-37335.37335, vipre-advanced-security and many more but to my surprise, no anti virus could remove the actual problem, although these viruses removed my viruses.Please help.

:)

1VinayGupta1, Sep 15, 2022

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 15, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2022
  4. James Win User

No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.

Start Key on Keyboard not Working

No problems in the troubleshooter nor Input tab for dxdiag.

I don’t believe it is anything physically wrong with the keyboard since every other key works fine. I tried removing the key cap, there was no dirt, so I tried pressing the key with no keycap on and it still didn’t work.

James, Sep 15, 2022
Thema:

No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly.

1. No key in my keyboard is working and if I press any key, 3 is repeating constantly. - Similar Threads - key keyboard working

2. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  3. My keyboard is pressing keys automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is pressing keys automatically: my keyboard is pressing keys automatically! I’m stuck in the login screen and I can’t use the keys either. They are unresponsive. I tried restarting, unplugging ports and trying other ones but nothing is working. Please help!...
  4. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  5. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  6. Holding any keys on my external keyboard causes the key to repeat many times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Holding any keys on my external keyboard causes the key to repeat many times: When i play games mainly but on any application, holding down a key is basically the same as spamming the key 100 times per second. Its not the keyboard. I tried on a different computer. Its not the usb port because any other device works perfectly fine in that port. I can’t...
  7. keyboard keys repeating

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys repeating: Using Updated Win 10 Pro Keyboard keys will not repeat unless re depressed. Is there a setting that effects this and how do I get to it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-repeating/2d321ffa-9364-4dfd-898e-d65bb02cd3e2
  8. A key not working on any keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A key not working on any keyboard: So, I have a problem with the number 3 (not the Numpad one). My numpad "3" works well, but the one on top of the other keys isn't working on my external keyboard or my laptops' own keyboard. There's one thing worth mentioning tho. Even tho the number itself doesn't work, the...
  9. Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard key not working unless pressed together with another key.: Hello, The '2' key on my laptop stopped working properly a few days ago. Up till now, it would start working again when it's pressed very hard, and then it would work properly. But now, it has stopped working even when I press hard. I found out that if I press the 'W' key...
  10. Keyboard keys will not repeat.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys will not repeat.: Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left...