Windows 10: No Key request during upgrade for Win7

Discus and support No Key request during upgrade for Win7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've upgrade a PC from Win7 to Win10 with a usb drive I created using the media creation tool. What confuses me is that I never got asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TillW, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TillW Win User

No Key request during upgrade for Win7

Hello,

I've upgrade a PC from Win7 to Win10 with a usb drive I created using the media creation tool.

What confuses me is that I never got asked to enter a Win10 key.

Do Win7 keys work for Win10?

Or will I get a promt in a couple weeks saying that I need one?

:)

TillW, Sep 10, 2019

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Upgrading win7 key

Hello,

Media Creation Tool isn't starting. Therefore I would love to try a manual update with the ISO-File. Because there was no possibility to upgrade the win7 key jet: Is it possible to manually upgrade my original win7 key to start a fresh clean-install?

Best regards and thank you very much for your help!

NeulingWin10, Sep 10, 2019
  4. No Key request during upgrade for Win7

Hello, can I use the win10 key to activate mny win7?

Btw, does the program u suggested me detect only the win7 key (if there is) or it should detect the win10 key as well?

Also, I upgraded from win7 to 10, so doesn't it count as "u can downgrade to win7"?

TheYoloCat, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

No Key request during upgrade for Win7

1. No Key request during upgrade for Win7 - Similar Threads - Key request during

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. win7 to win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win7 to win11 upgrade: hi, I'm looking for a program that will test compatibly of hardware.the one MS has only test win10 to win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-to-win11-upgrade/f69ee1e5-8bc2-49f6-9b3e-4e54e01a6b1a
  5. win7 to win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win7 to win11 upgrade: hi, I'm looking for a program that will test compatibly of hardware.the one MS has only test win10 to win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-to-win11-upgrade/f69ee1e5-8bc2-49f6-9b3e-4e54e01a6b1a
  6. Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to Pro with old Win7 OA key: I have an old ThinkPad with a "Windows 7 Pro OA for Lenovo" sticker. The ThinkPad does not use Windows at the time. (It has no HDD/SSD at all at the moment) I also bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home yesterday. They had neither Pro devices for 800€ or less nor Licences...
  7. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  8. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  9. win10 upgrade stuck at key request

win10 upgrade stuck at key request: I have three computers in family that were given upgrades on the win7 family plan. One was just informed it was eligible for win10 upgrade. I think I made the mistake of custom install (for a clean install) instead of an upgrade and, related to other problems with windows...
  10. Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?

Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?: I'm wondering, if after upgrading a PC to windows 10, can I use the old Windows 7 product key to install windows 7 on another PC? 19592