Windows 10: No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Someone gave me a laptop to fix up. The exact model is the Toshiba Satellite P755-S5260. It's original operating system was Windows 7 but the owner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieWard1, Jul 5, 2019.

1. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

Someone gave me a laptop to fix up. The exact model is the Toshiba Satellite P755-S5260. It's original operating system was Windows 7 but the owner upgraded it to Windows 10. I was able to get it working again by removing and reconnecting the battery and then using Reset this PC. Now everything works perfectly except for the keyboard. I have no functionality of any of the keys whatsoever. The only thing that does anything is the fn key (which only activates Start and that's not what it's supposed to do).

I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver. I've tried updating the driver but it says it is up to date. I've downloaded Driver Easy, which found 23 out-of-date drivers but it said the keyboard driver was up to date. Toshiba has zero drivers availible on their website for this laptop.

What solutions can you offer me for this issue? Thanks.

:)

CharlieWard1, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Helmut Win User
    Helmut, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop - Keyboard: Toshiba Laptop

Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop

Ever since I would say, the past upgrade for Windows 10, my mom's Acer desktop's keyboard has been really laggy. For example, when I go to wake it from sleep to unlock it, the keyboard's Number lock and Caps lock keys do not want to light up. It seems as if the keyboard doesn't want to respond in a timely manner along with the computer. The same goes for the wireless Logitech mouse.

Keyboard: Toshiba Laptop

The same as I mentioned above goes for the Toshiba Laptop that was originally mine, that I have given to my sister.

Thanks in advance! No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop :)

Jesse Williams, Jul 5, 2019
  4. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop

1. No Keyboard Functionality on Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Keyboard Functionality Toshiba

2. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  3. Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys on a laptop keyboard not functioning properly: so when I press certain keys like the s key it either puts multiple of the letter or doesn't do any letter and its only on the s key and the x key...
  4. toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows: Keyboard works in setup, but once Windows is running the Keyboards and Track Pad stop working.I tried connecting a wired USB Mouse and Keyboard, does not work with windows. No Keys work.Can't get into safe mode, because you need to log on to ask for safe mode.This user did...
  5. toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows: Keyboard works in setup, but once Windows is running the Keyboards and Track Pad stop working.I tried connecting a wired USB Mouse and Keyboard, does not work with windows. No Keys work.Can't get into safe mode, because you need to log on to ask for safe mode.This user did...
  6. toshiba laptop keyboard not working in windows

7. Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard on laptop not registering certain function: My keyboard when im typing is either A) randomly deciding to type another letter twice for example typing (caat, instead of cat) as well as skip letters. B) when I use the Win + a letter such as D or L, it doesn't work, but I can do Win + R for run? I tried going to the...
  8. Toshiba function key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba function key: [IMG]I’m using a toshiba laptop, forgot exactly how old, but the problem is really just annoying. Whenever I use the function key to turn on the numpad overlay, I get the message saying its on but the problem is the message doesn’t go away and stays there bothering me. Please...
  9. Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop: I have a driverless usb keyboard that works on every other pc in the house. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all usb drivers .Still no function. Please assist....
  10. Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop - Keyboard: Toshiba Laptop

Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop - Keyboard: Toshiba Laptop: Keyboard & Mouse: Acer Desktop Ever since I would say, the past upgrade for Windows 10, my mom's Acer desktop's keyboard has been really laggy. For example, when I go to wake it from sleep to unlock it, the keyboard's Number lock and Caps lock keys do not want to light up....