Windows 10: no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad

Discus and support no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Restart my computer last night, laptop keyboard would not work, also notice that touchpad had stopped. went to device manager and I had a yellow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robot, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Robot Win User

no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad

Restart my computer last night, laptop keyboard would not work, also notice that touchpad had stopped. went to device manager and I had a yellow triangle next to both it told me both drive were the latest. unistalled both restart computer.no keyboard, no mouse(now), no touchapd, stil have touchscreen keyboard. Went to device manager, HID keyboard there no problem mouse there no problem, unplug mouse disappears plug it in it s back. But laptop keyboard does not work nor does mouse, touch pad still has a problem Yellow triangle.
    Went to windows restore, mouse and Keyboard are working on this screen, tell it to go back to previous update, ERROR can not got back. Go back to Win 10 no mouse , no laptop keyboard, no touch pad.
    Help! Where to next?

:)

Robot, Oct 24, 2017
  2. oldman1234, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Touchpad not working after upgrading to win 10 from win 7

Hi! When I go through the diagnostic test, there is no test for touchpad/mouse. There is only test for keyboard. I had selected the option-" mouse, keyboard or touchpad not working", while initializing.

Any other suggestion?

Nikhil_dot, Oct 24, 2017
  4. no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad

Hi Robot. Welcome to the TenForums @Robot

Please fill in your specs.

Does your laptop have a battery that can be removed? If so unplug from wall, remove battery, disconnect all USB devices, hold power switch down 30 secs, leave laptop for five minutes. Install battery, connect to power source, leave external USB devices disconnected, boot.

Check device manager.

Would you know if you just got updates or were you updating to V1709 ??

When you were in device manager was the right Touchpad installed?

Your specs didn't mention machine make and model, please provide.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 25, 2017
  5. Robot Win User
    Its an ASUS Q200E, no battery, notebook. Running windows 10, came with 8. I have been running 10 for quite a while without any issues. Device manger has the correct touchpad, but still has the Yellow triangle indicating a problem. When I restarted there was a pile of Microsoft updates applied. The strange part is the the HID keyboard and mouse driver are back to normal in the device manager but they do not function, except when I am in the Windows repair screen, not sure if that pushes me out of the window overlay to operating system (DOS).

Robot, Oct 26, 2017
  6. I can't find that model on the Asus site that they steer me too. (Canada)

Is that the model number from the sticker on bottom of device?

With a number of Asus devices you need a driver called ATK package. Wanted to see if that was listed for your model.

Could you post your version and build? Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

I would head back into device manager, show hidden devices and remove all keyboards and touchpads and their software. When you are in the repair and safe mode screens you are using basic drivers. You will excuse me as I push. Just a few days ago someone swore they had the right Touchpad, turns out they didn't. What driver is loaded for yours?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad

1. no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad - Similar Threads - keyboard Mouse touchpad

2. mouse and touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse and touchpad: win 10 dell 15-3567 A few days ago, I noticed when on line and trying to scrolldown by placing my cursor over the scroll bar on right side of page it either willnot move the the bar, or it will move it in the reverse direction I want it tomove. I am using a dell touch...
  3. Mouse and Touchpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Touchpad: Mouse keeps freezing and left click opens options menu. How do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-touchpad/f699d358-d966-4fc1-b785-3a7c3bc1cad0
  4. Touchpad and mouse

Touchpad and mouse: i have a laptop so it has a touchpad i used it when i try to launch windows games, and original dosbox they are not launch just because of i havent a mouse svn dosbox builds dosbox-x, dosbox-daum, dosbox-staging do not have that issue i bought a cheap mouse, windows games...
  5. mouse/touchpad

mouse/touchpad: Hello. I have a HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10. I want to disable my touchpad. I clicked disable on the device manager but it had no effect. Double-tapping on the upper-left of the pad also has no effect. None of the function keys have the desired effect either. I was...
  6. ‎Mouse/Touchpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ‎Mouse/Touchpad: Been trying for days looking for instructions on how to enable both mouse and touch pad to switch from one to the other and I'm going insane!! PLEASE do not send info on how to enable one OR the other! I want to have the option to use both. Why is it SO HARD to find this...
  7. Touchpad/Mouse

Touchpad/Mouse: Hi Everyone, I just finished a Windows Update that took several hours, a couple of days ago. I am now having issues with my cursor hovering and changing placement based on where the cursor is. I have muted and unmuted myself on conference calls just because cursor was...
  8. touchpad mouse

touchpad mouse: on my dell laptop my touchpad mouse is uncontrollable....it doesn't move where I want it to go help me fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse/5551ba2b-eaee-4826-a02f-2f796a54d0d8
  9. touchpad to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad to mouse: I need help. I recently connected/paired my Logitech bluetooth mouth to my laptop for school work purposes. Though, I do not want to have to carry it around everywhere i go for class. So how would I be able to switch from the Logitech bluetooth mouse to using my touchpad and...
  10. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

in Windows 10 Support
    Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond: Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. When I go to wake the computer from sleep or even turning it on after a night's rest, the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do...