Windows 10: no keyboard no mouse at logon screen

Discus and support no keyboard no mouse at logon screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In order to logon I need to press CTRL ALT DEL. The keyboard and mouse don't work. When using an external keyboard or mouse, only the mouse will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClaudiaM.V., Oct 16, 2018.

1. no keyboard no mouse at logon screen

In order to logon I need to press CTRL ALT DEL.

The keyboard and mouse don't work.

When using an external keyboard or mouse, only the mouse will work.

I am not being able to login on my windows and my computer is worthless.

I hope someone can help because I'm getting desperate!

Thanks!

:)

ClaudiaM.V., Oct 16, 2018

2. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 16, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Oct 16, 2018
  4. no keyboard no mouse at logon screen

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

no keyboard no mouse at logon screen

1. no keyboard no mouse at logon screen - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse logon

2. Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon: Surface Pro Without KeyboardWindows 10Had to reboot machine to apply updates. Get to the loging screen. Hav keyboard on screen. Click in the password input control. Have onscreen keyboard. Click on key and nothing happens. Have highlight moving down across keys. How do I get...
  3. Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon: Surface Pro Without KeyboardWindows 10Had to reboot machine to apply updates. Get to the loging screen. Hav keyboard on screen. Click in the password input control. Have onscreen keyboard. Click on key and nothing happens. Have highlight moving down across keys. How do I get...
  4. Can't Get On Screen Keyboard Working For Logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  6. Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon Screen: How to bypass the logon screen in Windows 10. netplwiz no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-screen/5df18666-b060-4d37-bd5b-5322fedebc53
  7. Keyboard, Mouse not working on Windows 10 logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, Mouse not working on Windows 10 logon screen: Hello Microsoft, During the last shutdown, some updates were installed automatically. Now, when I start my PC neither keyboard is working nor the mouse. Although I can use keyboard and mouse in the BIOS settings. I've also tried another set of keyboard and mouse, still no...
  8. No keyboard and mouse on logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No keyboard and mouse on logon screen: Hi all, I have not been able to login to my system as the keyboard and mouse are not working. This happened after I installed NoxPlayer (an android emulator) and got a green screen of death? Things I have Tried: -Using Different USB Ports -Different Mouse and Keyboard...
  9. Keyboard changed on logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard changed on logon: I have 2 languages defined (French and English) both with 2 keyboards defined. Attachment 7888 Default is English and this is (correctly) used on log-on screen. When I get to desktop however it always defaults to French language with French keyboard. Attachment 7889...
  10. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...