Windows 10: No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode

Discus and support No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My keyboard and mouse are only working in the Bios and in the Recovery Console. I have tried to system restore as well as safe mode and some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ezclips, Feb 26, 2018.

1. ezclips Win User

No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode

Hi
    My keyboard and mouse are only working in the Bios and in the Recovery Console. I have tried to system restore as well as safe mode and some of the other “F” keys functions. The bios has no USB legacy setting.
    My question is, can I delete the USB driver over the Recovery Console “cmd” function?
    “Dism /image:C:\test\offline /Remove-Driver /??.inf
    Which driver would I have to remove?
    Or install a new USB driver
    "dism /Image:C:\ /Add-Driver /Driver*Biggrin:" (D is my USB Stick)
    Where could I get the correct INF USB driver (Acer Predator G3-710 /win 10 home/64 bit)
    Any help would be appreciated

:)

ezclips, Feb 26, 2018
  2. MarcoArik Win User

No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

What information do you need? I always used both mouse and keyboard in Win 7 and 10(before update), with no problems. Are both Logitech and wired, no wireless. Mx518 the mouse and G105 keyboard.

Sorry if I'm rude, but I'm so annoyed by Win10.

When I launch in Safe mode, there is a message about "app can't be opened with administrator account, try to log with another account".

It's like this, but it only says "app", not Edge or other. http://www.virtualizationhowto.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/edge_admin1a.png

I don't know if it can be related. Anyway, there is a solution for this message, but it needs secpol.msc and it's not in Home edition.....

MarcoArik, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

Windows Safe Mode starts with a minimal set of Drivers installed, so if you have a Keyboard and Mouse that requires specific Drivers they possibly won't work. Unfortunately, you haven't given sufficient information for anyone to know if that is the case.
    In my experience it's always easiest to use a standard USB keyboard and mouse, if possible, when using these maintenance functions.

It's also possible that you need to update/reinstall any specific Driver Software for the Keyboard and Mouse following the Anniversary Update, so I would try that first.

Erdeslawe, Feb 26, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, might be attributable to a particular Windows update which has affected some, apparently.

Please see
    Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up! Solved - Page 5 - Windows 10 Forums
    and onwards

Do you happen to know your current Windows build number?
    Or at least are you using the Creator's, the Fall Creator's, an Insider build or something else?

Please describe simply the immediate history leading to this.
    Do you use disk imaging routinely as we constantly recommend?

dalchina, Feb 26, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. Look for Legacy USB or Keyboard. If it is disabled, using your Arrow and Enter keys, Enable it. Save and Exit.

spunk, Feb 26, 2018
  6. ezclips Win User
    Thx Guys,
    spunk =I got no Legacy setting in the Bios.

dalchina = I did try to remove the update with dism but I got a 50 dism error Windows PE /online or so . So I stopped but thanks for the link. I saw that you have to put "D" and not "C". As for the system I have no idea on the built it’s of the shelf/3 years old and my sons gaming pc so no Image unfortunately.

Thx again 4 y input

ezclips, Feb 26, 2018
  7. Lange666 Win User
    Lange666, Feb 27, 2018
  8. Ben Myers Win User

The correct 64 bit command line for the recovery environment appears below, double-spaced for clarity. Change "/image:c:\ " to "/image:d:\ " if it is appropriate for your system.

Code: dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagenameNo keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17[/quote] Ben

Ben Myers, Feb 28, 2018
  9. ezclips Win User
    Thx Ben got it working

Cheers

ezclips, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode - Similar Threads - keyboard mouse login

2. Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode: [IMG]Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot problems on a Windows computer. In Safe Mode, Windows loads only necessary drivers, including keyboard and mouse drivers. Problems occur if the keyboard or mouse stops working in the Safe Mode. It also makes it difficult to exit Safe...
  3. Keyboard or Mouse ONLY works in Safe Mode [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse ONLY works in Safe Mode [Fix]: [IMG]Some users noticed that their keyboard or mouse only works in Safe Mode. When they exit the Safe Mode and start Windows in normal mode, their keyboard or mouse stops working. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode on Windows computers that you can use to fix the issues....
  4. Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.: After I booted up my PC, both mouse and keyboard stopped working, i tried using all the ports and it changes nothing. I tried using both the keyboard and mouse on another device and it still works. So I go to troubleshoot mode by on&off windows 3 times, the mouse & keyboard...
  5. Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.: After I booted up my PC, both mouse and keyboard stopped working, i tried using all the ports and it changes nothing. I tried using both the keyboard and mouse on another device and it still works. So I go to troubleshoot mode by on&off windows 3 times, the mouse & keyboard...
  6. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode: My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried uninstalling updates, failed. Tried restoring to earlier date, still won't recognize. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from usb, doesn't...
  7. safe mode login trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode login trouble: i am trying to login on safe mode i did select networking. it will not accept my password on login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-login-trouble/8625db0c-98bf-4024-86cb-b4faddd47505
  8. Login failed in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failed in Safe Mode: I could not login in to Windows 10 safe mode using the same pin I used to successfully login Windows 10 normal mode. I want to enter safe mode to remove bluetooth security tag which has popped up recently. What is the problem?...
  9. No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse or keyboard in safe mode: After the amazing and wonderful Anniversary Update, that fixes nothing but adds other bugs & glitches, I can't use mouse and keyboard in Safe Mode. Before the update, it worked fine. Any solution? I use safe mode to install new nvidia drivers in safety. When I launch in...
  10. No keyboard in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard in Safe Mode: When I run Safe Mode, the keyboard works only until I have to press 4 to run Safe Mode. Then it stops works. In Safe Mode, I can use only mouse. Why? My keyboard is a Logitech G105 with latest drivers, via USB. Windows 10 has latest updates as well. 66488