Windows 10: No left click

Discus and support No left click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My mouse will left click toget me to a site, but will not work when I get there. For example, it got me here but will not open any items. I'm typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

No left click

My mouse will left click toget me to a site, but will not work when I get there. For example, it got me here but will not open any items. I'm typing this on a tablet since the desktop mouse does not work. Right click seems to be fine. The drivers are up to date. It seems to be the same whether I use the wired mouse or the wireless one. I have already rebooted and run a malware scan but I can't think of anything else todo.

:)

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016

2. Left click on left lower corner windows icon no longer working

Yesterday 3/14/17 the creation of the new user test enabled me to perform windows updates. All of the 5 windows updates were successful. However a later windows defender update failed. It failed using the windows defender update and it failed using windows
    update.

No left click [​IMG]

No left click [​IMG]

No left click [​IMG]

It attempted update after the above windows update troubleshooting and displayed:

No left click [​IMG]

No left click [​IMG]

So there was no change using windows update troubleshooter. The 5 updates worked at one time and the one windows defender update did not work and displayed error 0x80070643

SFC /scannow displayed no integrity violations

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completed successfully

The test user was added and it allowed updating windows. The 5 updates fixed the left click on the windows icon and it works normally now.

How do you remove the user: test?

And how do you fix the windows defender update error 0x80070643

questions_, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Left click on left lower corner windows icon no longer working

Two to three days the start menu was working without problems. Prior to that I had made some changes to the computer but nothing that I remember immediately prior the change in functionality of the left click. In addition to the left click on the windows
    key malfunctioning, some left click on the menu choices, and some right click on the task bar are malfunctioning.

In the past week I had used control panel and had uninstalled a program. I had made changes to the advanced system settings startup and recovery. I may have done other things that I don't remember at this time.

Command prompt (admin) was opened and net user test /add was entered. After that it displayed: C:\windows\system32>

When I entered users in the box it opened users accounts. There it displays my account as a local account, administrator, and password protected. The choices there were make changes to my account in PC settings, change your account name, change your account
    type, manage another account, and change user account control settings.

Also on the far left are choices for manage your credentials, create a password reset disk, manage your file encryption certificates, configure advanced user profile properties, and change my environment variables.

Some of the above have a shield next to them and others don' have the shield.

questions_, Feb 15, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

No left click

Only on this site is what you are saying ? Does the issue happen with doing anything on PC ?

jds63, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Amadeus51 Win User
    It happens so far on Amazon, Facebook, Youtube as well. The left click does work on both my personal and work email. Also I keep getting kicked offline on IE. Could the two be related?

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    Correction, it works on my email inbox but not on the opened emails.

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    Seems strange, tried 2 different mice same occurrence only online .Tell me it is fine using Windows clicking with left button ?
    Left clicks are used the most and can wear out easier, can be a driver conflict or USB issue. Only IE or all browsers ?

jds63, Feb 15, 2016
  8. Amadeus51 Win User

No left click

IE may be the problem. I'm currently on Edge and don't seem to have the same issue. The wired mouse is brand new.

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
  9. Amadeus51 Win User
    Is Edge the same as Google Chrome? It won't let me DL my yahoo toolbar.

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    No, Edge i believe does not still support extension or add-ons.

jds63, Feb 15, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    Alright so now we know it is just a browser issue and not basically a windows issue to. Try to reset IE ? Go to internet options, click Alt on keyboard in Tools menu it is last options, General Tab delete all browser history and last Advanced Tab Reset.

jds63, Feb 15, 2016
  12. Amadeus51 Win User
    Be aware that IE keeps kicking me offline. The last 4 times I tried to come here, it shut me off immediately.

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
  13. jds63 Win User

No left click

What about other websites you log into, except here ? Try Chrome here or another browser. Some is maybe related to Network adapter or ISP. Added any extensions or add-ons to IE, if so disable them. Same Tools menu manage add ons.

jds63, Feb 15, 2016
  14. Amadeus51 Win User
    Edge works, haven't tried Firefox yet. I reset the IE defaults. I am typing this on IE, so for the moment it's working, here at least. Last attempt on FB it didn't.

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
  15. Amadeus51 Win User
    For the moment everything is working as it should. I am interested in what might have caused the problem, which occurred while I was actually using the computer, and if it might return. I'll leave the thread open for the moment. Thanks for all the advice, it seems something must have worked.

Amadeus51, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

No left click

1. No left click - Similar Threads - left click

2. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  3. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  4. How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?: I want to take a custom cursor, and adjust the settings so that, instead of clicking at the top-left corner of the image, it clicks at the center of the image. I've already tried adjusting where the center of the cursor is on the image, but it gets cut off. I've been stuck on...
  5. How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?

How can I change the position of the "click zone" to be in the center, instead of the top-left?: I want to take a custom cursor, and adjust the settings so that, instead of clicking at the top-left corner of the image, it clicks at the center of the image. I've already tried adjusting where the center of the cursor is on the image, but it gets cut off. I've been stuck on...
  6. Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them: In some games and applications when i press left click the window flickers white and goes unresponsive but only for a moment. They run fine before and after no issues there only when leftclicking the window flickers.On the taskbar i see the icons look like losing focus and...
  7. Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them

Windows 11 some games and applications flickering when pressing left click in them: In some games and applications when i press left click the window flickers white and goes unresponsive but only for a moment. They run fine before and after no issues there only when leftclicking the window flickers.On the taskbar i see the icons look like losing focus and...
  8. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  9. Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.

Left shift and ctrl keys, and click and drag function working intermittently.: My left shift key and left ctrl keys only work for a fraction of a second.If I hold down the left shift key to capitalise a word, I barely get the first letter to capitalise I need to be quick and subsequent letters have no chance.The same goes for the left ctrl key. I need...
  10. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975