Windows 10: No left hand start menu!

Discus and support No left hand start menu! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RBCC, Mar 3, 2020.

1. RBCC Win User

No left hand start menu!

I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the tiles float on the desktop. Can this be done? Me

:)

RBCC, Mar 3, 2020

2. Can't Pin to Left Side of Start Menu

Still an issue and no official MS response. At the very least MS ought to justify the rationale behind the decision to remove this functionality.

It is further confusing to find web pages that explain how it can be achieved, that the system still (at time of writing) provides some indication that it works, and yet nothing happens.

At time of writing when dragging a short-cut to the Start button, the "Pin to Start Menu" message is displayed, but dropping the short-cut appears to do nothing. In previous builds this pinned to the left-hand menu, hence the existing web references to this
    functionality.

My suggestion would be to reinstate left menu pins OR allow a "list view" style for the right-hand menu (columns would be a nice option, so that screen width can be utilized).

SweynForkbeard, Mar 3, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Left-hand side start menu true customisation?

Classic shell allows this. (Oh, and it's free...). Also overcomes the limit to the number of shortcuts that amazingly still exists on the Win 10 start menu, which means many of my shortcuts present in Classic Shell exactly as they should be are not shown.

On the other hand, as you'll be aware, jump lists appear for shortcuts that are on hte LHS of Win 10's start menu.. but as you say, you can't pin things to the LHS of that. (I haven't found a way of altering the universal app shortcuts there either- one is misbehaving).

dalchina, Mar 3, 2020
  4. No left hand start menu!

Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

No left hand start menu!

1. No left hand start menu! - Similar Threads - left hand start

2. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  3. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left handed pointers: I know the world is designed specifically for right handers, and therefore making life more difficult for left handers but is there any chance we could get something as simple as left handed pointers in windows 10. Or with a view to walking a mile in another person's shoes...
  4. Left handed pointers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  6. File browser has no left hand side menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File browser has no left hand side menu: I cant access any of my files, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-browser-has-no-left-hand-side-menu/1dde27a2-252a-48e2-afb0-ab81d2f01a2d
  7. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad: Hi I have a dell laptop with Windows 10. I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed. In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to. How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad...
  8. Start menu (left)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  9. Left-hand side start menu true customisation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-hand side start menu true customisation?: Hey guys, back in the good old days of W7, you could pin an application to the start menu and it would appear on the left hand side and it would also offer a list of recently opened things within that application as a right arrow for ease of selection. For example,...
  10. Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile)

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin top left hand of start menu in RC (not tile): The ability to pin a shortcut to the left hand of the start menu was a function apparently removed in RC. This really affected my productivity with 10 so I reverted to 7 after a week. I would like to go back to 10 so does anyone know if this has been reintroduced? 19203