Windows 10: No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.

Discus and support No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; No letters are coming up while I type...the cursor is there..and moves. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to type.........which is highly annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sandra LInd, Oct 6, 2018.

1. No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.

No letters are coming up while I type...the cursor is there..and moves. I have to use the onscreen keyboard to type.........which is highly annoying. cannot sign in without onscreen keyboard.

:)

sandra LInd, Oct 6, 2018

2. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Darshan J Win User
    When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Oct 6, 2018
  4. No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop.

1. No letters come up while typing on keyboard laptop. - Similar Threads - letters while typing

2. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  3. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  4. disable letter pop up while type

disable letter pop up while type: sir, my brother not deliberate click something and i dont know to disable it, please help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-letter-pop-up-while-type/7356b7d4-f8b8-411c-a802-843e4ad4e06b
  5. disable letter pop up while type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable letter pop up while type: sir, my brother not deliberate click something and i dont know to disable it, please help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-letter-pop-up-while-type/7356b7d4-f8b8-411c-a802-843e4ad4e06b
  6. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  7. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  8. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

9. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...
  10. Keyboard is typing the wrong letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard is typing the wrong letters: My Logitec K350 keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop. When I plug it into my desktop and search on Google, try to shop on Amazon, etc. it produces the wrong letter when I press on a few of them. s key types an i q key types a s e key types a m Same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is coming on windows 10 while typing

2. how to get letters to come up on a laptop