Windows 10: No line-in microphone input

Discus and support No line-in microphone input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by splashmob, Dec 18, 2017.

1. splashmob Win User

No line-in microphone input

Hi there.
    Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things out, however I've noticed that my laptop doesn't seem to receive any input from it at all, despite it recognising that it's plugged in.
    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers, and that wasn't any help.
    The microphone came with a Y-adapter for use with PCs that have both headphone and mic jacks, which I've been using.
    Plugging the cable into the headphone jack without the adapter doesn't seem to do anything regarding the microphone, or at least, the computer doesn't recognise any sort of microphone when plugged in through that.
    Doing the same with the microphone jack doesn't result in any input either.
    I've tested the microphone with an iPod, without the adapter, and it works just fine, which makes me think that this could be an issue with my laptop.

The microphone I'm using is a V-MODA BoomPro Microphone, and the audio drivers I'm using are the standard Microsoft HD Audio Drivers.
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated, as I would love to put this new microphone to use. If you need more details, please let me know.
    Many thanks.

:)

splashmob, Dec 18, 2017

2. 5800: mic- or line-level input for recording audio?

Considering purchasing the 5800... rather than using its inbuilt microphone, I want to attach an external microphone or line-level input to record audio... does this device have an appropriate input and recording functionality?

sleepypeople, Dec 18, 2017
  3. HairyFool Win User
    My SF-666 mic will not work.

A microphone is a fairly basic device and as such does not require a driver. It should work on any standard Microphone input.

Check the specifications of the audio interface for socket assignment as they often reallocate the microphone input to provide surround sound output for centre/sub or rear speaker if there are only 3 jack sockets. Even when there are more the socket could
    be configured for Line in (600mV) instead of microphone (1mV).

If possible try the Microphone in another device but remember that Apple use different ring assignments on the jack.

HairyFool, Dec 18, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

The problem could be you are using the "Microsoft HD Audio Drivers" instead of the correct sound hardware drivers. The Microsoft drivers are only generic, basic function drivers and not full function like the hardware driver. Check with the PC vendor for sound drivers (if there are no Win 10 drivers listed, Win 8.1 drivers will work).

fireberd, Dec 18, 2017
  5. splashmob Win User
    Yup, this fixed it! Many thanks.

splashmob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No line-in microphone input - Similar Threads - line microphone input

2. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  3. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  4. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  5. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  6. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input: I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS....
  8. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...: TV is connected my Line-In port via 3.5mm Jack. This picks up my TV audio and I can listen to it by listening to the line in device. I have recently bought a small condenser mic that plugs into the Rear Mic Input Port. This microphone works as I have tested it without the...
  9. How to change this line input to microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change this line input to microphone?: [ATTACH] As you can see in the image it shows that the input is half pink/blue. when I plug in my microphone it just detects it as a line in, not as a microphone. Any suggestions? gone through device manager and it is showing as a microphone, but when I go to the sound...
  10. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snyaptics linein detects microphone but no input signal

2. no line microphone