Windows 10: no line in option in the sound input menu

Discus and support no line in option in the sound input menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the line option has . it did work plugging in to single jack on dell computer but cant find it now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonnyBurns, Sep 25, 2020.

1. no line in option in the sound input menu

the line option has . it did work plugging in to single jack on dell computer but cant find it now.

:)

DonnyBurns, Sep 25, 2020

2. Line Input detected, windows/programs dont recognize sound but I hear it.

Hi,

The audio/sound concern that you encounter may occur if there were recent changes that triggers a system conflict on your device. As an initial step to determine the cause of the conflict, we suggest that you run the audio/sound
    troubleshooter by following the steps provided on this
    link
    . If the issue persists, proceed with the advanced steps by clicking drop-down arrow to view the list.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Sep 25, 2020
  3. ogui Win User
    Bioshock and No sound? WTF?

Bioshock 1 Sound Problem Fix in Windows 7

To fix the sound problem in Bioshock 1 under Windows 7, all you need to do is to ENABLE "Stereo Mix" in the Sound

Settings of Windows 7.

Step-by-Step Solution:

1. Access your system Sound Recording Settings
    In your status bar, right-click on the sound/speaker and select "Recording devices".
    OR
    (Alternatively, access the setting by click on Windows "Start Menu" > "Control Panel" > "Hardware and Sound" > click on link "Manage audio devices" under section "Sound" > click on the tab named "Recording" )

no line in option in the sound input menu [​IMG]

2. Enable Stereo Mix (see screenshot)
    Right click in the list of "recording device" where you should see "Microphone", "Line in", maybe "CD Audio".
    In the context menu, Tick the line called "Show Disabled Devices".
    Now you should seed "Stereo Mix" as a new Device.
    Right click on Stereo Mix and click on the first option of the context menu "Enable".

3. Disable Microphone, LineIn, CD*Audio
    There was an echo / reverb effect going on in the game which wasn't related to the in-game Reverb setting (OFF). I think the windows recording settings where creating feedback loop, so I disabled Microphone, LineIn and CD Audio and voilà! Problem was gone.

This is it, Bioshock should work.
    You can also take the time to review the options in "Stereo Mix Properties", for example I set Default Format to

2 channel, 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) in the advanced tab, just enforce quality.

Description of the Problem:
    • Once a game is loaded, there is no sound at all in Bioshock 1.
    • When I start Bioshock 1 under Windows 7, I can ear the background music in the main game menu, but there's no "on click" sound effect when clicking on the menu entries. That's a sign that the sound will not work after loading a game, not point wasting further time.
    Summary of things that didn't work for me:
    • Using compatibility mode ( 2000, XP SP2 or SP3) does not work ( game freezes at menu)
    • Installing Rapture3D drivers doesn't change anything
    • Reinstalling latest sound drivers or using Win7 native drivers is not necessary
    • Pluging-in earphones or microphone into the linein/mike inputs didn't work for me
    Hope this post will save you time to enjoy the game.

ogui

4. no line in option in the sound input menu

No Line Input Option for Recording Devices

Hi,

i went to record something yestersay through the line input jack on my Toshiba Qosmio X75-A7195 Laptop only to end up realizing the only recording device available is now the microphone. I've tried uninstalling the latest device driver for the Conexant Smart
    Audio HD (v.8.66.43.53) more than once, including just deleting it, rebooting, and letting the computer install something, and I've run the troubleshooter. Nothing I've tried has restored the Line Input from the jack on the side of my laptop as a recording
    option. It DID use to exist!

I thought maybe this happened as a result of my completely reinstalling Windows 10, (Home, v.10.0.16299 Build 16299) and everything on the main drive, but when I checked another laptop of mine, a Fujitsu LifeBook AH530, the Line Input option was gone there,
    too. The only option on the Fujitsu was also the microphone, just like on the Toshiba.

Both laptops are 64-bit and running Windows 10, but i have not made any 'system' changes to the Fujitsu. This being the case, I'm left thinking that this is a Windows 10 version/build issue. Whatever the case may be, PLEASE HELP restore the Line Input
    recording option AND ALSO the mixed recording option, or whatever it is that would allow me to hear through the headphone jack what is being played/recorded or input through the line input jack.

Thanks so much in advance.

MacSkiller, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

no line in option in the sound input menu

1. no line in option in the sound input menu - Similar Threads - line option sound

2. LATEST UPDATE AND SOUND SYSTEM LINE INPUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LATEST UPDATE AND SOUND SYSTEM LINE INPUT: My system is Windows 10 operating MSI B460M Mortar Intel Motherboard with i7 CPU. The latest Windows update appears to have affected the line input of the sound system RealTek on board. The line out works OK and that sound is good. Looking at Device Manager sound the...
  3. LATEST UPDATE AND SOUND SYSTEM LINE INPUT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LATEST UPDATE AND SOUND SYSTEM LINE INPUT: My system is Windows 10 operating MSI B460M Mortar Intel Motherboard with i7 CPU. The latest Windows update appears to have affected the line input of the sound system RealTek on board. The line out works OK and that sound is good. Looking at Device Manager sound the...
  4. LATEST UPDATE AND SOUND SYSTEM LINE INPUT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Sound Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Input: Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until recently worked fine.It tells me there are no speaks or headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling drives, updating...
  6. No Sound Input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound Input: Hello,I recently updated my laptop to the newest version of windows 10. Since then my sound has not worked. My laptop has built in speakers which until recently worked fine.It tells me there are no speaks or headphones plugged in. I have tried uninstalling drives, updating...
  7. "Line In" bug that diverts all sound to michrophone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Line In" bug that diverts all sound to michrophone input: I tried to connect my laptop to my tower both running windows 11 and when I connected the cable all audio from "Line In" seemed to be diverted to my microphone input, this appears to be a bug in Windows 11 because I had a similar setup in Windows 10 and the result was not the...
  8. "Line In" bug that diverts all sound to michrophone input

"Line In" bug that diverts all sound to michrophone input: I tried to connect my laptop to my tower both running windows 11 and when I connected the cable all audio from "Line In" seemed to be diverted to my microphone input, this appears to be a bug in Windows 11 because I had a similar setup in Windows 10 and the result was not the...
  9. Sound input

Sound input: after recent windows 10 update, windows mixer input option seems unaccessible , unable to prepare buffers error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/sound-input/24c10886-d78e-498b-abfd-940365476925
  10. No line-in microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No line-in microphone input: Hi there. Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things out, however I've noticed that my laptop doesn't seem to receive any input from it at all, despite it recognising that it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no line in option windows 10

2. line in not showimg on pc