Windows 10: No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/

Discus and support No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to move the User Data folder of Kodi to SD drive . The userdata folder is located in C drive under Users/username/Appdata/roaming/kodi However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportflyer, Oct 21, 2018.

1. No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/

I want to move the User Data folder of Kodi to SD drive . The userdata folder is located in C drive under Users/username/Appdata/roaming/kodi However when I right click on folder and chose properties , the location tab is missing so I cant move it using this method. There is a "send to" option but I am not sure what that does. Is there another way to do this ? Tks

:)

sportflyer, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 21, 2018
  3. BXtreme Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

Easy as pie! Open start menu, right click on documents, click on location tab then click 'move' select drive, then enter location like this D:\Users\"username". And then the system will start moving your files and Done!

BXtreme, Oct 21, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hmm, this happens a lot, first we need to gather the files that should be on your Desktop . . .

• Create a folder somewhere on your PC
    • Name it Desktop
    • Copy the files that should be on your Desktop to this new folder
    • Right click the Desktop folder you moved into your Downloads folder
    • Choose Properties, then click on the Location Tab
    • Set the Location to the new folder you named as Desktop
    • Click 'Apply' Click 'OK'
    • When asked if you want to merge files, choose No

If you then want to move the Desktop Folder back to its Default location (C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop

On the Location Tab, click 'Restore Default'

No location tab shown on some folders inside  User/username/ 5ef196d4-7f67-4af2-afee-bdfb83bcd093.jpg

DaveM121, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/

1. No location tab shown on some folders inside User/username/ - Similar Threads - location tab shown

2. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  3. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  4. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Username in the Users Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username in the Users Folder: Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by running the netplwiz command. Now when I login, there is a new folder and it is not the same username as before the previous...
  6. Why isn't the location tab shown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why isn't the location tab shown?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tomozoku [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k03gfz/why_isnt_the_location_tab_shown/
  7. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  8. 3D objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3D objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  9. 3 objects in Users folder have no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    3 objects in Users folder have no location tab: I've created folders on an H: partition (on another HDD) and "moved" where most of my User data will reside, but 3 remain. 3D Objects is still in Users on C: but has no location tab, so I can't point it anywhere. Favorites folder has no location tab and after attempting to...
  10. Moved Default User Folders With Location Tab, But Settings is Unchange

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Default User Folders With Location Tab, But Settings is Unchange: Peace on earth, goodwill towards all. *Smile I moved my default user folders (Documents, Music, Pictures, Video) from C to a different partition by using the Location tab. This successfully moved the folders and their contents to the new partition. I can see the folders...