Windows 10: No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

Discus and support No locations tab for documents when I click properties. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! This is my first post ever on Reddit, sadly it will be used to ask the question of, "How do I get my locations tab back when I click properties?"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babisp9tz, Jan 13, 2021.

1. No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

Hi! This is my first post ever on Reddit, sadly it will be used to ask the question of, "How do I get my locations tab back when I click properties?" I've searched everywhere for this simple question but, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I feel like my laptop hates me, please help.

submitted by /u/babisp9tz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babisp9tz, Jan 13, 2021

2. Location-tab in Properties

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The information provided by you in the post, seems to be the Location tab is missing under
    Properties.

Usually the Location tab will be present under
    Properties
    for the folders listed under Quick Access (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures) and folders listed under
    This PC (3d Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos).

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please provide us the screenshot of the windows where you are not able to get the
    Location tab under properties. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Location-tab in Properties

No locations tab for documents when I click properties. 8bdeff40-e7f4-43dd-a99d-d18297e40038?upload=true.jpg

Stefadriaenssens, Jan 13, 2021
  4. No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???

I can't figure out why E:\Gary can't be seen in File Explorer.

Sooooo .... let's try to get the special User folders back to normal

These are ok per the location tab you posted
    Music C:\Users\Gary\Music
    Pictures C:\Users\Gary\Pictures

No locations tab for documents when I click properties. [​IMG]

Documents: E:\Videos\Documents location points to E:\Gary\Documents
    Videos: E:\Videos location points to E:\Videos (Could you confirm that with the properties> location tab)

Try this in this order

On E:\Videos\Documents
    Select properties > location tab
    Press the [ Restore Default ] button
    Yes to move files if prompted

On E:\Videos
    Select properties > location tab
    Press the [ Restore Default ] button
    Yes to move files if prompted

That should put the two user folders back on C:\Users\Gary - please confirm the locations after restoring the default

If everything looks good, then all that is left is to figure out why E:\Gary isn't visible in File Explorer
    Then put the folders where you want them. I might suggest a different structure if this becomes a sticky mess

Something like E:\Usr\Gary\Userfolders - but see if the above resolves the issue.

It's very possible that E:\Gary is really E:\Videos and is masked by the slight of hand Windows does with the special folders.

Slartybart, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

No locations tab for documents when I click properties.

1. No locations tab for documents when I click properties. - Similar Threads - locations tab documents

2. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  3. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: As requested by Ramesh Srinivasan I am opening a new thread but as I posted in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-documents-folder-location-tab-that-is/89a13aaa-0d79-4353-a669-871ac8024949 I have the same problem.Just bought a new HP...
  4. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  5. Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties

Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from Properties: How do I restore Windows 11 Documents folder "location tab" that is missing from properties notwithstanding that fact that \{4a7ded0a-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103{ was added to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\. Documents with a significant...
  6. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  7. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window: Hello,I have a problem:We used to use Roaming profiles and are now migrating to Onedrive, but when I turned off file sync and removed roaming profile from users in AD I noticed that I can change the location to default for music, videos and pictures, but not for documents...
  8. Missing buttons in "Location" tab in "Documents Properties" window

9. Location-tab in Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Location-tab in Properties: Hallo! I am using windows10 In all my property-windows I am missing my "Location3-tab. So I can't move certain personal files in a proper way. Can someone help me with this?...
  10. Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???: Greetings! I tried to search for posts on my issue but all that comes up is advice on how to move your Documents folder. I already did that. I changed my location from my SSD C:\ drive to my data drive E:\. Everything seemed fine until today when I navigated to the E: drive...