Windows 10: No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

Discus and support No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a app preventing shut down problem so i tried to perform clean boot as per following: Press Windows key + X key. And select Run. Type msconfig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Purplecraz, Aug 30, 2019.

1. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

I had a app preventing shut down problem so i tried to perform clean boot as per following:

1. Press Windows key + X key. And select Run.
    2. Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select theHide all Microsoft servicescheck box, and then tap or clickDisable all.
    4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then clickDisable all. Restart PC!

After this, i lost all windows sign in screen, it has the background photo. I tried f8, ctl alt delete, and push and hold power button thrice, nothing seem to work. I do have my windows 10 disc with me. What else can I do

:)

Purplecraz, Aug 30, 2019

2. Can't Perform Clean Boot

I gave it a go but still no joy unfortunately. Whatever I do it still starts as per original screen shot when it's supposed to be in clean boot.

What I noticed was, even after doing your step 3, (checking 'normal startup' on general tab, and enabling all services 'hide all' box unchecked, and all items in start up enabled) then restarting ....when it boots up (supposedly now in normal mode), if I go into config, the general tab is as following screenshot;

fig2

No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot [​IMG]

So it seems as if it never actually boots up in 'normal startup' mode to start with, (although at this stage all services in list are ticked and all items in startup are enabled).

But from here, if I go through your procedure from step 1, and just uncheck the 'load startup items' box on general, etc, etc, then when I reboot, it will always be as my original screenshot (with only a small number of services remaining unchecked and the 'hide all' box having unchecked itself). The following screenshot in how it now looks in general tab (so when it's supposed to be in clean boot);

fig3

No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot [​IMG]

I'm not sure whats going on in that 'load system services box there. It's all quite confusing.

ouroboros72, Aug 30, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 30, 2019
  4. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

error code 0xc0000142. on boot screen?

Hi Steve,

To better assist you, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you able to log in Normal mode?
    • Does the error occur when you try to open any particular program?

With the error message that you have encountered, we suggest to perform a clean boot on your computer. It can verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue. Kindly refer to this article on

how to perform a clean boot
    . Choose the appropriate version of Windows you have for every steps.

Note: Please go through the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" of the article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot

1. No log in screen after trying to Perform Clean Boot - Similar Threads - log screen trying

2. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  3. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  4. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  5. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  6. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Boot performance log names

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot performance log names: Hi, I am comparing my boot log times event performance ops and found some names on the web but many are left unexplained, is there a MS reference for these names, like SessionInitStartTimeMS and SessionInitOtherDuration? <Data Name="BootTsVersion">2</Data> <Data...
  8. Can't login after performing clean boot

Can't login after performing clean boot: Hello, While performing clean boot process I made a mistake. I didn't tick the box with 'hide all microsoft services' and I clicked disable all..... Now I'm stucked up in login page where I can't login with pin or Microsoft password.. Please me out. Thank you....
  9. Cant log in after clean boot

Cant log in after clean boot: I had a stuck windows update where it kept asking me to restart and update but it would restart without updating so i fallowed instructions through several different methods from thewindowsclub which directed me onto an article about how to do a clean boot i first did one...
  10. Can't Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Perform Clean Boot: Hi, For some reason I am unable to perform a clean boot. I'm following the instructions on the Microsoft page carefully but it's not working. I'll explain what's happening with a screenshot in the hope someone can give me some pointers....