Windows 10: No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working

Discus and support No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows10. Problems started with no internet. Now there is no log in option on the screen, just shows the time. Wireless Keyboard and mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MakkiMM, Dec 31, 2019.

1. MakkiMM Win User

No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working

I have windows10. Problems started with no internet. Now there is no log in option on the screen, just shows the time. Wireless Keyboard and mouse stopped working too.

From googling possible fixes ive done the following:-

Unplugged the wireless adapter, changed batteries on keyboard,

turned off pc and unplugged for 10 mins

tried turning pc on and off 3 times to get auto repair option up but nothing

think i’m at the limits of my capabilities here unless someone can help.

:)

MakkiMM, Dec 31, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 31, 2019
  4. No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working

Mouse, keyboard, and touch screen suddenly not working

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse, keyboard, touchscreen on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access the device using external mouse and keyboard (Confirm to us)?
    • Are you able to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking?

If you are able to access the desktop using external mouse and keyboard, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working

1. No log in screen and keyboard/mouse not working - Similar Threads - log screen keyboard

2. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  4. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Keyboard not working on log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working on log in screen: My keyboard isn't typing letters and numbers on log in screen! I tried on screen keyboard and i the same issue. Buttons like CAPS and SHIFT work fine. Filter keys are off and its still not working....
  6. Keyboard not working on log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working on log in screen: My keyboard isn't typing letters and numbers on log in screen! I tried on screen keyboard and i the same issue. Buttons like CAPS and SHIFT work fine. Filter keys are off and its still not working....
  7. Keyboard not working on log in screen

8. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen: I suspect the latest update, this has happened before. Previously, booting into safe mode worked for solving this problem, but it hasnt worked this time. Looking for next steps. Also the password from my live account isn't working on my computer. I would like to keepy...
  9. Keyboard won't work on log in screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work on log in screen: I recently reseted my pc a HP rp5800 with windows 10, upon the log in screen pressing any key won't work so I'm stuck at the lock screen, please tell me how to fix this, I wanna be able to use my computer again...
  10. Keyboard (physical & on-screen) not working on log-in screen

Keyboard (physical & on-screen) not working on log-in screen: Hello together, my keyboard stopped working on the login screen (no crashes etc, just on day in the morning). Sadly I cant use the on-screen keyboard, because I will get an error message stating "Could not start the on-screen keyboard". However, the keyboard works in...