Windows 10: No log in screen / can’t click anything

Discus and support No log in screen / can’t click anything in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to log in to my laptop. It boots normally, but once I go to the log in screen (by clicking), there’s nothing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BethanyWright1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. No log in screen / can’t click anything

Hi,

Since yesterday, I’ve been unable to log in to my laptop. It boots normally, but once I go to the log in screen (by clicking), there’s nothing (not even the three buttons in the bottom right corner, which sometimes appear and sometimes don’t).

I also can’t click any buttons, and my mouse feels like it has sped up (like it’s reverted from my usual settings).

If I leave my laptop for an hour, I’ll get the password bar, but nothing I type goes through.

i also have a backlit keyboard which I can no longer control the brightness of with the keys.

does anyone know a solution/what this could be?

:)

BethanyWright1, Dec 3, 2018
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 3, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

No log in screen / can’t click anything

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

No log in screen / can’t click anything

1. No log in screen / can’t click anything - Similar Threads - log screen can’t

2. Help! Can’t Establish an Internet Connection nor Click on Anything By Clicking Once! Screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Can’t Establish an Internet Connection nor Click on Anything By Clicking Once! Screen...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/070XCHTANm764EtFeHe48_UGwHello, my brother’s pc has had trouble recently. Specifically, when we try clicking on something, a black screen appears for around half a second and then the screen goes back to its normal Home Screen/wallpaper. There...
  3. Help! Can’t Establish an Internet Connection nor Click on Anything By Clicking Once! Screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Can’t Establish an Internet Connection nor Click on Anything By Clicking Once! Screen...: https://share.icloud.com/photos/070XCHTANm764EtFeHe48_UGwHello, my brother’s pc has had trouble recently. Specifically, when we try clicking on something, a black screen appears for around half a second and then the screen goes back to its normal Home Screen/wallpaper. There...
  4. Help! Can’t Establish an Internet Connection nor Click on Anything By Clicking Once! Screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t log into anything what to do.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t log into anything what to do.: I messed around with files and stuff and now my windows account is gone, one remains but I can log into it and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign in” “User profile cannot be loaded” and I have no other options but to sleep shut down or restart. I don’t...
  6. Can’t log into anything what to do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log into anything what to do.: I messed around with files and stuff and now my windows account is gone, one remains but I can log into it and it says “The User Profile Service service failed the sign in” “User profile cannot be loaded” and I have no other options but to sleep shut down or restart. I don’t...
  7. Can’t log into anything what to do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t open any apps or click anything on windows?: Clicking on apps wouldn’t open them, clicking on the shutdown button wouldn’t work and manually shutting down my computer using the power button wasn’t working. I decided to cut off the power because there was nothing I could do except that. Well I thought that would work...
  9. I can’t click on anything

in Cortana
    I can’t click on anything: When I go on search bar on the bottom next to all my apps I can’t search anything or click on anything. When I first got it it was fine but now I can’t click on anything....
  10. 100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage, flashing screen, can’t click on anything: This has been the first time happening... I have turned it off and on, tried to see if it functions on Safe Mode (it does), and restarted windows.... I have no idea what to do and I can’t click on anything other than what appears in task manager...... please help me out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot click on anything on log in screen