Windows 10: No login options on login screen.

Discus and support No login options on login screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password. This is what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ragaboo, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Ragaboo Win User

No login options on login screen.

So ... my Windows 10 computer won't let me log in. I'm at the login prompt screen and there's no login box to type in a password.

This is what I see.

Every 30 seconds or so the screen "pulses." See this video.

For some context, this started happening when I looked up how to start Win 10 in safe mode (I'm trying to install a VPN that wouldn't install for some reason and I was going to test it in safe mode). For more context, I'd restarted plenty of times since trying to install the VPN and it restarted fine, this only began after I followed the instructions on a website that told me to go to

Settings > Update & security > Recovery and then, under the Advanced Startup heading and click Restart now.

Well, that's what I did, and it restarted (VEEEEEEERY slowly, I might add. Every time is slow now) and now I have no login prompts. Help! I don't want to lose my applications and data with a restore! (I have 1.5 TB in games installed, and it would take weeks to get everything set up again.)

Here's what I've tried:

• Restarting (as well as shutting down and turning back on) didn't work.
    • Shift-restarting didn't work
    • Keyboard *does* work, as I can get the Win+P (etc) commands to work.
    • Hard resets didn't work.
    • Hitting enter twice and blindly typing in my password doesn't work.
    • Attaching an external monitor and switching projection options with Win+P to see if a login screen is off-screen doesn't work. Only one screen shows anything. (The blank login screen.)
    • Double-reset to get into recovery mode DOES work.
    • I can get into Safe Mode and access my account with all of my files and applications.
    • Safe Mode with Networking ... doesn't have a network connection. Weird.
    • When in Safe Mode, I have to go to services.msc and get to Windows Modules Installer, set it to "Manual" and apply. Then I can click "Start." Before that, it was disabled.
    • Once the above was done, I was able to run SFC and DISM. Both detected no errors.
    • Ran chkdsk and there were no errors.
    • In recovery mode, I tried to use a restore point. It failed. (Tried 3 restore points)
    • In recovery mode, I tried a startup repair. It failed.
    • In recovery mode, I tried go back to previous build. If failed (I'm on build 1607.)
    • Tried an in-place update to 1705, but it gives an error that it won't work in safe mode.
    • Added a new user account via command prompt and made it an admin. (In case my sole account, which was also an admin, was corrupted ... although I doubted that since I could get to it in safe mode.) Then tried restarting normally to see if I could log in. I could not. Same blank login screen.

:)

Ragaboo, Apr 12, 2017

2. Login Screen Login options pin or password disappear each second new start

Hallo Joshua,

Thank you for your help, but I did a clean boot weeks ago.

This post work for me:

Login Setup won't take a PIN

I don't know why, but I can restart and my PIN fires no errors

Follow this post and than remove your PIN and create him again

Creeds

Falk

FalkHebstreit, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Login Screen Login options pin or password disappear each second new start

Hi Joshua,

• When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using? To check, kindly type winver on the search bar, then press the
      Enter key.
    • What's the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far?

to 1:

When did PIN login start, which Version? Secound Q. no

to 2:

Version 1703 (Build 15063.674)

to 3:

Lenovo YOGA 90013ISK

to 4:

Nothing, I restart my system the second time and the login options disappeare. I restart the once it appear again new start disappeare and so on......

Each second time

Creeds

FalkHebstreit, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

This might not help you but I thought it is worth to post:

On my multi boot system I have a W10 PRO x64 on secondary drive installed for testing purposes acting like your PC, never "voluntarily" showing the sign-in screen. I have noticed that with pressing ESC key fast and repeatedly when the empty screen with just the background image is shown it finally shows up letting me sign in.

Thema:

1. No login options on login screen. - Similar Threads - login options login

2. No options to login as an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to login as an admin: Hi,Whilst setting up a windows 11 laptop for my child 2 admin accounts were created, one, because my child logged on first and was set up as an admin, and a second when I took over the laptop to set up the family safety features and set the user account settings.Whilst doing...
  3. No options to login as an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to login as an admin: Hi,Whilst setting up a windows 11 laptop for my child 2 admin accounts were created, one, because my child logged on first and was set up as an admin, and a second when I took over the laptop to set up the family safety features and set the user account settings.Whilst doing...
  4. No option to use PIN on the login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  5. Login Screen Has Two Options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login Screen Has Two Options: At first I thought that my login screen had two signin options because of my school account, but I disconnected my school account, but my login screen still has two options when I login. The annoying part about this is that it defaults to the login that requires a...
  6. Login Options Missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Options Missing: I have an Asus laptop with an SSD containing a Windows 10 installation and a hard drive containing both a data partition for Windows and an Ubuntu 16 installation. Earlier this week while traveling my battery ran out while I was using Windows and the computer automatically...
  7. Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen

Remove one of the "Other user" login options from login screen: We have Win10 ENT 1809 joined to our domain; laptops with docks. There are 2 "Other user" login options at the login screen; one requests email address or phone number AND the other joins our domain. We just want to display one "Other user" which joins our domain. The...
  8. No login prompt at login screen

No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  9. No Admin Login Option

No Admin Login Option: Per a new software's instructions, I have to log in to Win10 as an admin before installing. I went in to a command line to activate or enable the "Administrator" account. But, when I restart the computer, there is no "Administrator" login option. I can only login under my...
  10. No options to login at Splash Screen

No options to login at Splash Screen: Greets all, One of the family computers is having problems. She said she had just reinstalled World of Warcraft and when she restarted the screen was blank pink. Restarted it again (and several more times) and it will load to the splash screen but won't display the...