Windows 10: No login password craziness

Discus and support No login password craziness in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just re-installed Win10-64-Home-1909. I do not need a password at login, but am not able to do that. Here is what I have tried so far: netplwiz -... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by donnyb, Feb 7, 2021.

1. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

I just re-installed Win10-64-Home-1909. I do not need a password at login, but am not able to do that. Here is what I have tried so far:
    netplwiz - uncheck user to enter password. Under user name box below that is my MS email account name. Apply. OK
    Reboot. Username and password required. Only MS account/Password gets me in.

Regedit - Under WinLogon/AutoAdmin/Login I entered a 0 in place of the 1. There is no DefaultPassword.

What am I doing wrong?

:)

donnyb, Feb 7, 2021
  2. donnyb Win User

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 7, 2021
  4. donnyb Win User

I just re-installed Win10-64-Home-1909. I do not need a password at login, but am not able to do that. Here is what I have tried so far:
    netplwiz - uncheck user to enter password. Under user name box below that is my MS email account name. Apply. OK

Regedit - Under WinLogon/AutoAdmin/Login I entered a 0 in place of the 1. There is no DefaultPassword.

What am I doing wrong?

donnyb, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. No login password craziness - Similar Threads - login password craziness

2. Login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login password: Hi,I've unchecked the ask for password checkbox on Netplwiz but my pc has started asking for a password again for no apparent reason, I've checked and the Netplwiz was still unchecked, I checked it so that next time i logged in I would need a password, then went and...
  3. login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  4. login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login password: I didn't have a login password for Windows 10 but now feel I want to. What are the steps to do that in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/0706624f-0107-4fad-b548-74b471f0d4f8
  5. Upgrade login craziness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade login craziness: We did an in-place upgrade of a computer that is joined to the domain today using USB media and after the installation is now complete the only option it is giving us to log into the computer is with a Microsoft account. I get no option to prefix login name with domain\user...
  6. login password

login password: how do I change login password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/235e3c62-4d2c-42b6-aa52-421eb38c059d"
  7. login password

login password: My login for my computer contains both letters and numbers. Suddenly, last week, I could only type numbers, the letters didn't register, The numbers show up as dots, as usual, but nothing shows when I enter the letters. I can still log in to my desktop. At first, I typed...
  8. login password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    login password: I reset my Acer lap top inorder to give it to my grandaughter. I used a simple login 0000 which she could change. That login does not work. HELP !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-password/3300a0d8-6069-4e8a-953a-3aa17280140f
  9. login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    login password: How do I disable the login password? I've tried changing my password and leaving the new one blank but I just get an error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/login-password/71f13d7c-2ac8-4f79-98e4-66047ccb4583
  10. Password login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password login: Hi all, first post so please go easy on me*Redface So I have Windows 10 and want to get rid of the password protected login feature. I found some steps on this site which are vaguely "On your windows 10 Start menu window, right click at the Win logo > select Run option >...