Windows 10: No login prompt after locking screen

Discus and support No login prompt after locking screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cicebear, May 1, 2017.

1. cicebear Win User

No login prompt after locking screen

Hello,
    I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there was only a black screen with my mouse pointer. After pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL the background of the login screen appeared, but not more. No login possibility. I tried to make a remote desktop to it, but became no reaction (unable to connect).
    Are there some other keys or shortcuts than CTRL-ALT-DEL to get a reaction or to get to another prompt?
    Lars
    EDIT: I didn't mention that I cannot reboot the computer, because I need the data that was calculated.

:)

cicebear, May 1, 2017
  2. RiemanC Win User

Windows 10 login problem

Since a recent windows update during the past week (Dec12 -19, 2016), I have the same problem as David_O77 Aug 26, 2016, with maybe one slight difference (the password prompt eventually appears after waiting 5 minutes).

My pc is an HP envy 17 notebook pc, running Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.576, with 16 GB ram, 64-bit OS.

All startup apps are disabled.

The problem is this:

When I turn my computer on I can see the HP logo with dots circling.

When lock screen shows up with background pic and time and date, I press enter key to go to login screen.

The login screen is set up with a different background color, and it opens with
    no password prompt. After about 30 secs it returns to the lock screen.

After waiting about 5 minutes, I can press the enter key, and the login screen opens
    with a password prompt. I have tried waiting less that 5 minutes at the lock screen to return to the login screen, but there is no password prompt until 5 minutes have passed.

After entering the password, the computer behaves normally, as it did a couple weeks ago.

Why does the password prompt take 5 minutes to show up? How do I fix the problem?

RiemanC, May 1, 2017
  3. Lock Screen Wallpaper Now Showing

Hi there recently I updated Windows 8.1 To windows10 on my lap it is awesome but recently I am facing the problem is when I start my Windows the lock screen will show fine I can login to my account after login my account everything is fine if I try to
    lock my lap its locks but doesn't show the lock screen wallpaper it only shows my login image and password prompt every 30 seconds blinks black colour screen after 10 minutes show the lock screen wallpaper when I update the Windows 10 working fine recently
    I am facing this problem please reply as soon as possible how can I resolve this issue thank you

ManjuRockzz.., May 1, 2017
  4. Rwpg Win User

Hi,
    I have the same problem on company computer, I have to restart it every time it locks the session in order to have login screen again.

Thema:

1. No login prompt after locking screen - Similar Threads - login prompt locking

2. I not longer see the lock screen , just the login prompt with a dim lock screen in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I not longer see the lock screen , just the login prompt with a dim lock screen in background: Windoes used to CLEARLY display my lock screen when the auto lock timer ran out. Now for some reason, once the timer expires, the lock screen is shown dimly in the background but muted because the login prompt is visible. I enjoyed the old behavior wher ethe lock screen was...
  3. I not longer see the lock screen , just the login prompt with a dim lock screen in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I not longer see the lock screen , just the login prompt with a dim lock screen in background: Windoes used to CLEARLY display my lock screen when the auto lock timer ran out. Now for some reason, once the timer expires, the lock screen is shown dimly in the background but muted because the login prompt is visible. I enjoyed the old behavior wher ethe lock screen was...
  4. I not longer see the lock screen , just the login prompt with a dim lock screen in background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No password prompt at login screen

No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  6. Windows lock screen after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen after login: I've seen posts since 2017 about an issue where the user logs in and then it kicks them back to the lock screen, instead of logging in. Well, it's now 2022 and I'm having the same issue. I have a brand new build, Win 10 Pro, all updates are complete. The admin account is...
  7. Windows lock screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lock screen after login: I've seen posts since 2017 about an issue where the user logs in and then it kicks them back to the lock screen, instead of logging in. Well, it's now 2022 and I'm having the same issue. I have a brand new build, Win 10 Pro, all updates are complete. The admin account is...
  8. Windows lock screen after login

9. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking: Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot...
  10. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer showed locking will now not start

2. no logon prompt after locking