No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

Discus and support No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months. When we first went to turn it on the fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zetamax79, May 31, 2018.

1. zetamax79 Win User

Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months.
    When we first went to turn it on the fans kicked in and it would appear to start booting up but then turn itself off again after about 10 or so seconds of activity.
    It did this 3 times and on the 4th attempt it finally loaded.
    However, it loaded as far as the login screen and when we mouse click or press a button the time etc clears from the screen but the login prompt is not there at all.

Have searched through forums and seen mention of similar problems solved by booting in safe mode.

I cannot get this PC to boot in safe mode.

Shift+Restart - the pc says it is restarting but just shuts down.

Power on and interrupt loading 3 times to try and get Automatic Repair Mode to trigger has done nothing. It will just load to the login screen again once I let it load fully.

I even tried holding F2 while turning it on to try and get to BIOS, but this did nothing.

I'm stumped at this point, how can I get this PC to boot in safe mode?

:)

zetamax79, May 31, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 25, 2018
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. - Similar Threads - login prompt cannot

2. Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall Snap Attack (Windows 10 store game): The Snap Attack game (a.k.a. "Wordament Snap Attack") was retired as of May 18, 2018. The game can no longer be played (online or offline) and is no longer available for download. Given this, I see no need to keep it on my system. Operating system: Windows 10 Home...
  3. Cannot remove old account from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...
  4. Old tpm not cleared before booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old tpm not cleared before booting: I activated my tpm module in the bios after installing w10 on a formatted drive, the bios required a restart before the newly activated tpm module could be cleared from previous user data, but before i could press an f key to boot to bios after the restart to clear the tpm it...
  5. Unable to get past the secure boot image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED* press any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get past the secure boot image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED* press any...: when i press the enter key the same message occurs. I am unable to get past it. The message comes back and back again. Before i got this message i had done control alt delete to shut down my laptop as it was stuck with the dots going in circles and had been for about...
  6. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...
  7. New prompt to enter PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New prompt to enter PIN: I don't want to enter a PIN for extra security. The blue screen comes up when I turn my computer on and I can't get rid of it. Saw Kari's response in Forum10 on removing a PIN but this doesn't help my situation I do not want to get this prompt every time I use my computer...
  8. printer cannot be found by the network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer cannot be found by the network: Error shows printer cannot be found by the network, it prints ok but this message appears when opening page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-cannot-be-found-by-the-network/754c02af-574c-4458-a938-3de6079bbf46
  9. install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install of win10 wont go passed the boot screen before the lockscreen: I started having problems with my pc so I decided to do an in place install chosing to keep my files and programs after it completed I noticed my desktop files were all gone it was still acting weird so I restarted it and when I did it would get to the lock screen I would...
  10. I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot connect to internet except through a static IP address - please help: I have a lenovo yoga 710 and I think I had a virus on it that was installed through onedrive. I know this because I have not transferred any documents from my old computer, but after opening onedrive, and downloading some pictures, the background of my yoga changed to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no login screen windows 10