No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

Discus and support No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months. When we first went to turn it on the fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zetamax79, Jun 1, 2018.

1. zetamax79 Win User

Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months.
    When we first went to turn it on the fans kicked in and it would appear to start booting up but then turn itself off again after about 10 or so seconds of activity.
    It did this 3 times and on the 4th attempt it finally loaded.
    However, it loaded as far as the login screen and when we mouse click or press a button the time etc clears from the screen but the login prompt is not there at all.

Have searched through forums and seen mention of similar problems solved by booting in safe mode.

I cannot get this PC to boot in safe mode.

Shift+Restart - the pc says it is restarting but just shuts down.

Power on and interrupt loading 3 times to try and get Automatic Repair Mode to trigger has done nothing. It will just load to the login screen again once I let it load fully.

I even tried holding F2 while turning it on to try and get to BIOS, but this did nothing.

I'm stumped at this point, how can I get this PC to boot in safe mode?

:)

zetamax79, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. - Similar Threads - login prompt cannot

1. Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt at login screen - Open in Windows 10: Hello, I am using windows 10 but I forgot my login password. I need to open the Command Prompt but I don't have any bootable file to repair. Is there any key/short key that will open Command Prompt when my pc is locked and without repairing from boot. Like - f2,...
  2. No login prompt after locking screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No login prompt after locking screen: Hello, I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there was only a black screen with my mouse pointer. After pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL the background of the login screen appeared, but...
  3. Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show.

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen problem: password prompt doesn't show.: Hi all, I've a problem with windows 10. When I turn on my pc and the login screen appears, the password prompt doesn't screen. I have to reboot the system at least one time. I tried with startup repair (but no problem was found) and then I reinstalled the OS. At the...
  4. Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 No Password Prompt at Login Screen: I'm having trouble with my computer. As of lately, when I boot up my PC, I will get to the normal screen where it will show the time and date. When I do anything to get to the password prompt, such as pressing space, it will show a blank screen with my background image but no...
  5. At startup, no password or login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    At startup, no password or login prompt: At Windows startup a login prompt with a password box, user account picture or name does not appear. All i see is my screen saver background. I found a temporary fix which is restarting my computer, then and only then can i type in my password to access my computer. The issue...
  6. Windows 10 No login prompt fields after connecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 No login prompt fields after connecting external monitor: I feel like such a dummy. I have a HP15 laptop and connected an AOC external monitor using a HDMI cable. Everything worked fine and I like my main monitor on my left so I switched my primary to the external monitor and didn't think about switching it back to the laptop before...
  7. Can't get a login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get a login prompt: On my other computer I misunderstood some troubleshooting instructions and selected "diagnostic startup" in msconfig. When I rebooted I found that I could no longer get the prompt to enter my PIN or password, meaning that I can no longer log in. All I see is my name and,...
No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. solved

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no login screen windows 10