Windows 10: No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

Discus and support No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months. When we first went to turn it on the fans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zetamax79, May 31, 2018.

1. zetamax79 Win User

No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months.
    When we first went to turn it on the fans kicked in and it would appear to start booting up but then turn itself off again after about 10 or so seconds of activity.
    It did this 3 times and on the 4th attempt it finally loaded.
    However, it loaded as far as the login screen and when we mouse click or press a button the time etc clears from the screen but the login prompt is not there at all.

Have searched through forums and seen mention of similar problems solved by booting in safe mode.

I cannot get this PC to boot in safe mode.

Shift+Restart - the pc says it is restarting but just shuts down.

Power on and interrupt loading 3 times to try and get Automatic Repair Mode to trigger has done nothing. It will just load to the login screen again once I let it load fully.

I even tried holding F2 while turning it on to try and get to BIOS, but this did nothing.

I'm stumped at this point, how can I get this PC to boot in safe mode?

:)

zetamax79, May 31, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jun 25, 2018
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jun 25, 2018
  4. No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

1. No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode. - Similar Threads - login prompt cannot

2. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  3. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  4. Cannot boot up safe mode from login screen, cannot login either?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot up safe mode from login screen, cannot login either?: Last night I was downloading and extracting PS2 rom files. Whilst in the middle of all this i got the blue screen of death and then my computer restarted. This is where the login screen goes completely blue, where i click on the screen to login, there is no input of putting...
  5. Cannot login, cannot get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login, cannot get to safe mode: When I booted my Windows 10 laptop this morning it went into a disk repair mode. Since then I cannot login. I get to the login screen, type in my password, and the little dots just spin. I've tried multiple ways to get to boot in safe mode or to get to repair mode and each...
  6. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  7. Cannot boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode.: My computer starts up normally but when i try to boot into safe mode i get a black screen. No idea whats going on. I tried plugging hdmi cable directly into motherboard and it made no difference....
  8. Window10 cannot login with correct password after changing Boot to "Safe boot" mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window10 cannot login with correct password after changing Boot to "Safe boot" mode: My mother has been using her windows 10 PC for a long time with everything normal. Recently to speed up the OS reboot, I helped to change Startup options disable unnecessary apps at startup and also changed the Boot-up option to “Safe boot” mode, like the following: [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot exit/ login from safe mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot exit/ login from safe mode.: Hello guys , I am facing an issue regarding the login screen of the safe modein windows 10. I needed to reinstall some of my graphic drivers so i restarted my pc to safe mode and after restarting i tried logging in using the pin i set and it didn't work. I then tried using...
  10. No login prompt/safe mode boot not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No login prompt/safe mode boot not working: Hi, I just installed a new GPU and after rebooting my computer, I'm not being presented with a login prompt, when I interact with the PC it just goes to this screen and I am not able to progress further. I have tried multiple times the "shift" + restart method to boot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no login screen windows 10