Windows 10: No Login prompt for 20+ minutes

Discus and support No Login prompt for 20+ minutes in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello I'm reposting this because the other thread is not getting replies anymore. This is the original... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kirubiel Shimeles, Aug 19, 2021.

1. No Login prompt for 20+ minutes

Hello I'm reposting this because the other thread is not getting replies anymore. This is the original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/no-login-prompt-for-around-15-minutes-or-more-when/551c896a-07c1-44f4-9129-e6ba95d38a87?auth=1&rtAction=1628344587439Basically not being able to see the login prompt one where you input your password for a very long time. It's getting longer every time I restart or wake up the computer so I don't really do that anymore.

:)

Kirubiel Shimeles, Aug 19, 2021

2. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 19, 2021
  3. No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

No Login prompt for 20+ minutes [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Aug 19, 2021
  4. No Login prompt for 20+ minutes

Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

No Login prompt for 20+ minutes

1. No Login prompt for 20+ minutes - Similar Threads - Login prompt 20+

2. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  3. No Login Prompt for around 15 minutes or more when opening Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Login Prompt for around 15 minutes or more when opening Windows: My question is similar to this question. I can't see the login prompt for a long time after starting the computer either from shutdown or sleep. I have a password not a PIN...
  4. Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?: Since 20 min I only see the start screen where acer is standing how does the notebook go 10 days old Notebook seid 20 min in Startbildschirm?
  5. 20+ minute boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20+ minute boot time: I have windows installed on an SSD and it literally takes more than 20 minutes just to restart. It gets stuck at the windows logo with the dots moving in a circle. I've ran the system file checker, updated video drivers, cleaned registry with CCleaner, and I changed the page...
  6. No login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  7. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  8. BSOD after 20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...
  9. 20 minutes to boot :(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20 minutes to boot :(: Hi all, I'm experiencing some big issues with my computer since 2 days: when I try to boot it takes more than 20min to boot (and sometimes it doesn't boot). Current situation with my drives: Primary (OS & programs): Samsun 850 EVO 1st Archive: Caviar Blue 1TB 2nd...
  10. System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login

in Windows 10 Support
    System32 Opens Automatically 5 to 20 Minutes After Startup and Login: Any help with this issue would be appreciated, I'm open to some of the methods that I have tried before to help in diagnosing and fixing this in any way. A few months ago, about half a year ago actually, Windows 10 would automatically open the System32 folder 5 to 20...