Windows 10: No login prompt in Widows 10

Discus and support No login prompt in Widows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi The other day my computer started up as normal and got to the image where you should see the password prompt and the list of users able to access... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndySharp, Oct 23, 2016.

1. AndySharp Win User

No login prompt in Widows 10

Hi

The other day my computer started up as normal and got to the image where you should see the password prompt and the list of users able to access the computer. Unfortunately this screen does not appear, just the image. What does appear is the network icon, the ease of use icon and the shutdown icon and nothing else.

By forcing a startup repair, I managed to get into safe mode where the login prompt and list of users did appear. I was then able to log into Windows 10 OK.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?

:)

AndySharp, Oct 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 login no password prompt

Have you tried leaving it blank?

Are no other accounts listed?

Andre Da Costa, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 login no password prompt

A failed Windows Update is the likely cause of this problem.

Try these options:

Option 1: Perform a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Option 2:

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Confirm the drive letter for the Windows image. Usually D: –> dir d:

Run the following to view the installed packages which will also show a date of install.

Dism /ImageNo login prompt in Widows 10 :D:\ /Get-Packages

Find the package(s) that were just installed by date. Run the following command on the last installed package:

This is the update you should look for: KB4074588

example: dism.exe /image:d:\ /remove-package /packagenameNo login prompt in Widows 10 :package_for_KB4014329~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0

Reboot.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Indiglo32 Win User

I have a similar issue. This only happens to me when I switch users or wake the pc up from sleep mode. It's extremely frustrating.

Indiglo32, Oct 23, 2016
  5. prbigo91 Win User
    I may have a solution that has worked for me.

Over a month ago, I started having the problem with the login prompt and user not showing up on the login screen. This occurred both on the screen saver lock and when I would boot my computer from a shutdown. When I would Restart my computer, the login would show up to log into Windows, but after this, I would again encounter the login not showing up when my computer would lock from the screen saver or if I did a shutdown or put my computer to sleep.

As this kept on happening, I did notice that my shutdown would do something weird and my boot-up from a shutdown would not do a proper startup. I was researching all options I could find with this problem and could not find a solution. Nonetheless, I kept on running the "sfc /scannow" with no errors, did registry cleanups, uninstalled and reinstalled all my Bluetooth and wireless drivers, etc. The uninstall and reinstall of the wireless drivers temporarily fixed it, but it would immediately go back to the missing login.

I then decided to try stopping the fast boot, given the corky shutdowns and boot-ups. After I turned off the fast boot, this seemed to stop the missing login, in both the boot-up from a full shutdown and when I would lock my computer while it was in Windows. And to add to this, the black screen when I would lock my computer went away and started showing my screen image again.

To stop the fast boot, click on this link for step by step instructions. Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

I hope this works for others who are having this problem.

prbigo91, Feb 4, 2017
  6. t1a2l Win User
    Hi, I also have the problem and it started after enabling the hidden administrator account. even after disabling it it continue to happen.
    Does any one found a diffrent solution to this problem?

t1a2l, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No login prompt in Widows 10 - Similar Threads - login prompt Widows

2. Login prompt not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login prompt not showing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kbkEMzPdZUztUEVCzZ0IJUH0QeEWSuxY/view?usp=drivesdkThis is the video link of my problem it's 24 seconds long, please watch it and suggest me some solutions * Original title: Help me...
  3. Strange login prompt

Strange login prompt: Since the most recent update end of Aug 2021? my PC asks me for a PIN or password every time I power up. This used to not happen. I've tried to disable this feature and can't. Before asking me to sign in, it says something bizarre like "We're sorry but you cannot be connected...
  4. widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    widows 10: after upgrade my desktop computer has no software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/ee9b644e-cbc3-4391-98d3-c232d3b52f02
  5. No login prompt

No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  6. Widows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widows 10: New computer. all going well. Suddenly have "preparing windows" appear every time at start up and updates at closing. Need a simple solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/46d16668-f754-4850-a5bf-f01875ffda55
  7. Widows 10

Widows 10: Just setting up a new laptop and have a few questions regarding Windows 10. 1. Is there a way to change the Start Menu layout to that of previous Windows start menus? 2. Where are the default desktop icons, i.e. My Computer and Recycle Bin? Related: Is an "APP" the...
  8. Widows login

Widows login: "Incorrect User name or Password" At login I get this message. I can manually enter my correct password and access the computer. Apparently the incorrect password is stored internally ? I would like to correct this so the computer can automatically log me in . Or,...
  9. No login prompt at login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  10. Endless login prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Endless login prompt: Hey there, Just recentely I encountered this very strange issue. My windows is stuck at the log-in prompt. After typing my password I see the animation plays (the little circle), a black screen and then I'm back again at the log-in prompt. No error or anything. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. widows login screen no login windows 7