Windows 10: No login prompt

Discus and support No login prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RaduCracan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. No login prompt

Hi all,

I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no box where I can type in the PIN code. I only see four icons in the bottom right corner, which are functional except for the ease of access functions.

I have seen that more people have this problem and I tried all the possible solutions I found. These include all the simple suggestions, which clearly didn't work. I also tried the startup repair tool, I reset the PC (but keeping my personal files), I switched to automatic the Credentials Manager service after logging in through safe mode, but all didn't work. I also tried the netplwiz command, and ran sfc /scannow which prompted the message that it was unable to fix all issues.

What is weird is when I am in safe mode, the page sign-in options in settings is just loading endlesly. I tried using it to create another account, as the current profile may be corrupted. I remember that during my last session, I ended a process related to some biometrics or login function through task manager because it was it eating up a lot of CPU for unknown reasons. Could this be the cause and what would be the solution?

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. Would a hard reset solve the issue or will it be the same as the reset I did?

Thank you in advance. Please refrain from suggesting ctrl + alt + delete or restarting the PC.

:)

RaduCracan, Aug 12, 2019

2. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hi Marchinok,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 12, 2019
  4. AsphyxiA Win User

No login prompt

Hacking Classic Login Prompt & Bootscreen editor

ok is there a way to hack the classic login prompt on XP? I want to put my own back drop instead of the boring light blue background.

AsphyxiA, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

No login prompt

1. No login prompt - Similar Threads - login prompt

2. Is there a way to login into users using command prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to login into users using command prompt?: As you can tell by the title, Is there a way to login into users using command prompt? You can also give code to a script. Anything helps. Thanks!...
  3. Is there a way to login into users using command prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to login into users using command prompt?: As you can tell by the title, Is there a way to login into users using command prompt? You can also give code to a script. Anything helps. Thanks!...
  4. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting authenticator login prompts: Hello Microsoft community, For the past few weeks I've been getting automatic authenticator prompts. I thought that someone somehow gained access to my password. Very unlikely because I use a password manager and a VERY strong password. Upon logging into my account it turns...
  5. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

Keep getting authenticator login prompts: Hello Microsoft community, For the past few weeks I've been getting automatic authenticator prompts. I thought that someone somehow gained access to my password. Very unlikely because I use a password manager and a VERY strong password. Upon logging into my account it turns...
  6. Keep getting authenticator login prompts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  8. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  9. Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate: For accessing several government websites, I need to authenticate myself with my ID card and the PIN of the ID card. To do this, I connect a cardreader to the PC Win 10 and then I should be prompted to select my authentication certificate. This worked in the past, but is no...
  10. Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate

Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate: For accessing several government websites, I need to authenticate myself with my ID card and the PIN of the ID card. To do this, I connect a cardreader to the PC Win 10 and then I should be prompted to select my authentication certificate. This worked in the past, but is no...