Windows 10: No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode

Discus and support No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the most recent windows updates last week I am no longer able to log into windows. Have tried multiple ways to boot up in safe mode to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KentGoellner, Aug 18, 2019.

1. No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode

After the most recent windows updates last week I am no longer able to log into windows. Have tried multiple ways to boot up in safe mode to no avail. Ran the built-in recovery mode option on my Dell Inspiron, which fixed a partition issue, but I'm still unable to login. My Inspiron, boots up and gets to the Windows lock screen, but when I hit the space bar or any key for that matter to bring up my login screen, the lock screen photo gets blurry, but nothing pops up and I can't log on like normal. Any ideas before I hit the factory reset button? Trying not to lose all of my files and have to reinstall all of my apps.

:)

KentGoellner, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Dell Inspiron will not boot to Windows 10

Hi Steve,

There's a possibility that your PC was infected by a virus or it was caused by a corrupted system file. Booting in safe mode when you can't sign in depends on the device's brand. Since you're using Dell, we suggest that you contact Dell support directly
    to have further assistance on how to boot the PC in safe mode when you can't get to sign in screen. Once you're able to login, have a full scan of your PC then try updating the USB drivers and see if it helps.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Anne Ros, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 18, 2019
  4. No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode

Windows 10 boot to safe mode

I recently had my disk drive replaced by Dell. The new drive supposedly came the initial Windows 10 image I had received when I purchased the system. I am no longer able to boot into safe mode by holding down the <shift> key when booting the system. The
    boot tab in msconfig shows only

Windows 10 (c:\Windows) : Current OS; Default OS.

Is there a way to add more entries where I could assign Boot options for alternate shell or network?

I found a guide "Safe Mode in Win 10" which suggested using bcdedit as follows:

bcdedit /copy {Current} /d "Windows 10 Safe Mode"

The command came back with:

The copy command specified is not valid

Run "bcdedit /?" for command line assistance

The parameter is incorrect.

What parameter should I be using to create the new entry in the boot list?

AlleycatAL, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode

1. No login screen after recent Windows 10 updates - Dell Inspiron won't boot up in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - login screen recent

2. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  3. Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 boots to Safe Mode after updates: When I installed the April 2022 Windows updates and did a restart, Windows 10 64-bit came up in Safe Mode. I tried various things and rebooted several times, but it always came up in Safe Mode. Thanks to a user in this community, I figured out how to turn off Safe Mode using...
  4. Cannot boot up safe mode from login screen, cannot login either?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot up safe mode from login screen, cannot login either?: Last night I was downloading and extracting PS2 rom files. Whilst in the middle of all this i got the blue screen of death and then my computer restarted. This is where the login screen goes completely blue, where i click on the screen to login, there is no input of putting...
  5. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559: Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error: PXE-EGP: Media test...
  6. Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.

Laptop boots into a black screen - safe mode won't boot - usb start up disk won't boot.: Hello Experts... please read carefully as I have tried many things already that I have researched. I have a laptop ASUS that will not boot properly. I can never get to the logon screen. I have done the following: 1. Boot the laptop, then hard power it off, boot the...
  7. Booting up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up in safe mode: Not sure if F 5 or F 8 works anymore I can't get the system to boot up in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-in-safe-mode/17b87b6c-1dd6-451d-83c6-883be459f360
  8. Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem

Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem: after the May 2019 update my Dell Inspiron upon bootup displays the Dell logo and freezes, have to switch off and back on to get it working This always works, but it is very annoying...
  9. White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White screen after windows 10 update on my dell inspiron: Hi Team after yesterdays update on my dell inspiron laptop, i am getting complete white screen plus not able to view anything tried connecting with other screen via HDMI but same issue. system became completely un-usable now Kindly help if anyone has faced the same issue...
  10. Windows won't boot to login screen after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot to login screen after latest update: After the latest Win 10 update, my HP Envy laptop won't boot to the login screen, only to a screen with the wallpaper and time. Also shows wireless connection and on off button. When I go into system recovery, it says there are no restore points, says there is a problem with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wont boot to login

2. dell windows 10 wont login after boot

3. dell windows 10 no login screen on startup