Windows 10: No login screen on windows 10

Discus and support No login screen on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I booted up my pc today (typing this makes me think of something strange: I tried to open google chrome but it didnt open at all, just the load icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilcaput, Jan 15, 2020.

1. No login screen on windows 10

I booted up my pc today (typing this makes me think of something strange: I tried to open google chrome but it didnt open at all, just the load icon next to my mouse pointer. Dont know if this is important). Saw there was an update and clicked update and restart. Computer gave me a bsod and an error that read something like "no account service" or "no user service" or some other service that seemed to be missing/broken/...

I then restarted my pc and I dont get the login screen. I can see my background, like usual, use my mouse, hit enter and it goes to the usual blurred background screen with some options in the lower right corner. The login screen itself does not appear tho. The update j tried to do is, I think, not installed (there is still "update and reboot" , "update and power off" options)

Here is what I tried: Several reboots (with complete power shutdown)

Rebooting into safe mode (all the 3 different safe modes just lead me to the same empty and sad login screen)

Boot recovery (gave me a "pc cant be recovered with boot recovery" message. Also the location to a log file. (This may be called startup repair, using a dutch version of windows)

Deinstalled newest quality update

Anyone knows what I can do? I can access command prompt. Also have an ssd with a backup of my software (and windows) as last resort

submitted by /u/ilcaput
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilcaput, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 15, 2020
  4. ATIonion Win User

No login screen on windows 10

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

No login screen on windows 10

1. No login screen on windows 10 - Similar Threads - login screen

2. Need help, Windows gets stuck before the login screen and cycles [Forwarded from r/windows]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, Windows gets stuck before the login screen and cycles [Forwarded from r/windows]: So I haven’t had any issues with my pc at all since today, when it randomly occurred. I booted up my pc, everything was normal but then the instant the login screen loaded it just kept on cycling at that point. Initially I had a blue login screen(before the login background...
  3. Windows login failure due to flashing blurry screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login failure due to flashing blurry screen: Please can anyone help me solve trying to log into my laptop. The problem has occured in last 24hrs. I can not login due to a flashing normal view background to then all blurry background. My windows login box never appears to enter password. Just constant flashing picture...
  4. Stuck at login screen

Stuck at login screen: Hi all. Windows 10 question. aI had power outage today. When I turned my PC back on I was able to log in fine using my PIN which is how I normally log in, but my mouse wasn't working properly. It lit up, the cursor moved, but no clicks were registering. I turned the PC...
  5. Windows Login screen theme suggested pictures

Windows Login screen theme suggested pictures: Up to recently, when I powered 'ON' my home pc and it opened the Windows 10 log in screen, I would see every several days changing landscape theme pictures. Before opening the Windows password field I would be asked 'did I like' or 'not like' what I saw. This fun and...
  6. Black Screen with cursor before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen with cursor before login screen: Title. Every time I boot up my pc, it begins with the motherboard loading screen thing as normal and then into a black screen with only my cursor visible. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn’t do anything so I don’t know what else to try. Manually shutting down my pc by holding the power...
  7. Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login: hi - my computer screen turns to "screen saver mode" after 5mn or 10mn or 1 hour of no activity according to what i chose. to go back to work, i have to enter my pin code. i want to go back to work directly and without entering any pin. thank you [Original Title: screen...
  8. Windows 10 1903 - always crash on first boot on login screen with new

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 1903 - always crash on first boot on login screen with new: Hello. Is this a 1903v Win10 bug? Always when plugging new gpu it crashing display driver only in first boot on login screen. Then its fine. Its happening always on first boot with new gpu plugged. On 1809v there was not issue with this. 148904
  9. How to disable login/lock screen on first startup or after restart ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable login/lock screen on first startup or after restart ?: I just want the login/lock screen to appear when I lock my windows (WinKey+L) or when i sleep my windows, not when my windows first startup or after restart. For your information I use local account and pin. 148749
  10. Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10: Hi all, when i switch on my own laptop, the welcome screen comes up. For some reason, when i press the enter key or any key on keyboard, it does not take me to the login screen. I have to click the mouse to enter the login screen and password box. However, i can click enter...