Windows 10: No login screen, safe mode or recovery

Discus and support No login screen, safe mode or recovery in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; on 11-26-2019 my T480 won't show the login screen. I normally would use the fingerprint reader to log in but it isn't registering at all. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/th2n10s4u, Nov 27, 2019.

1. No login screen, safe mode or recovery

on 11-26-2019 my T480 won't show the login screen. I normally would use the fingerprint reader to log in but it isn't registering at all. When I click on the login screen, that shows the time, it transitions to the log in page by dimming the screen and showing the Internet, Ease of Access, and Power buttons on the bottom right. There is no login box. I have attempted holding the shift button and restarting to boot into safe mode multiple times to no avail. When I do this, the pc doesn't restart it just hangs there. I have waited upwards of 10+ min. and nothing. I also tried crashing the computer (normally doing it 3 times would boot it into recovery mode) I have done it an insane amount of times. My final option was to use a usb recovery drive which I made to reinstall windows while saving files and programs so that my data would be safe but it won't let me. It says that I have to do it after logging in, which I cannot. Another thing I did through the troubleshoot option (from the usb boot drive) is open the command prompt typed "C:\" to get to the OS drive. I ran chkdsk and ran into a corruption error, it canceled the rest of the chkdsk and wouldn't run chkdsk /r or /f because it is write protected. If there is anything else I can do to avoid completely wiping I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

submitted by /u/th2n10s4u
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/th2n10s4u, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Login screen isn’t displayed

Hi,

For us to know more about this concern, please answer the following questions:

• Is there any changes made prior to this issue? Have you installed an app or an update?
    • Since you mentioned that you've tried everything, may I know what steps you did so far?

In this particular case, we suggest that you boot your device to Safe Mode. To do so, please do the following:

• On the login screen, click on the Power options and hold the Shift key and click on Restart. This will load Advanced Startup or Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, click on the Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After the restart, you will see a list of boot options. Press a dedicated key for
      Safe mode with Network. In this case, you should see the login screen and enter Safe mode.
    • To disable Safe mode, press Windows key + R and type
      msconfig
      and hit Enter.
    • Under System Configuration, click the Boot
      tab and untick Safe mode. Click Apply and
      Ok
      to boot your device to normal mode.

If you continue to experience this issue, please don't hesitate to post back with additional details.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

No login screen, safe mode or recovery

Cannot go into recovery mode in several ways

Problem:

Cannot login into normal mode or safe mode or access anything other than Boot settings.

• Do not get usual login screen.
    • Seeing Automatic repair and then BSOD with code 0xc000014c
    • That loop continues.
    Troubleshooting Steps taken:

• Tried 3 times reset when in "Preparing Automatic Repair" to boot into recovery mode - Failed.
    • Created bootable WIndows 10 USB flash drive to go into repair mode - Getting another BSOD with code "Driver pnp watchdog"
    • Some times, after "Preparing automatic repair" screen, i get "Your pc needs to be repaired" recovery screen where it shows F8 to go into Startup settings. When i press F8, i get the same screen again in a loop.

Computer: Dell Precision T3500 Workstation

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

No login screen, safe mode or recovery

1. No login screen, safe mode or recovery - Similar Threads - login screen safe

2. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  3. Locked on safe mode login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked on safe mode login screen: Hi, I enabled safe mode in my windows 10 home via system settings boot options. After restarting my PC, safe mode started and gave me an error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your PIN again". Apart from this there is only one option to...
  4. safe mode login trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode login trouble: i am trying to login on safe mode i did select networking. it will not accept my password on login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-login-trouble/8625db0c-98bf-4024-86cb-b4faddd47505
  5. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  6. Login failed in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failed in Safe Mode: I could not login in to Windows 10 safe mode using the same pin I used to successfully login Windows 10 normal mode. I want to enter safe mode to remove bluetooth security tag which has popped up recently. What is the problem?...
  7. Not able to login in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login in safe mode.: Hi, I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still asking password. Everytime it is showing password is incorrect. I tried again after changing the password. Still not working....
  8. IMPLEMENT A WAY TO EXIT SAFE-MODE IN THE LOGIN SCREEN FOR SAFE-MODE

IMPLEMENT A WAY TO EXIT SAFE-MODE IN THE LOGIN SCREEN FOR SAFE-MODE: I am currently stuck in safe-mode with a network bug not allowing airplane mode to be turned off. I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue where they couldn't get past the login screen no matter what they did. I just got off windows support telling me I'd have to...
  9. Login not recognised in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login not recognised in safe mode.: Was trying to use DDU to remove old GPU drivers, used MSConfig to restart in safe mode. Restarted, entered password (The one that I use everyday on this machine.) Windows 10 says password not recognised and goes no further. Now how the hell do I bypass either safe mode or...
  10. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...