Windows 10: No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when...

Discus and support No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi friends, Facing mtiple issues. 1-when starting windows 10 login screen not coming. For this i tried to go inside troubleshoot by switching on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jyotianand, Feb 20, 2021.

1. No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when...

Hi friends,

Facing mtiple issues.

1-when starting windows 10 login screen not coming.

For this i tried to go inside troubleshoot by switching on and off laptop multiple times.

Under that i went to advance options.

After that i tried many options like command prompt,system restore and others but all are asking microsoft account password.

I forgot my password so reset in microsoft website but now the new password is not accepted when i am entering while doing startup repair or system restore.

I tried many times but no solution.

2- I also tried to go under startup settings->restart->safe mode .

But now the issue is coming that the login screen comes but it gets freezed and i am not able to enter password of my laptop in safe mode.

Please help

:)

jyotianand, Feb 20, 2021

2. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Feb 20, 2021
  3. emonchan5 Win User
    Windows 10 Login Screen Password

Dear All,

Can anyone please help me to solve windows 10 login password problem. Somehow the windows 10 login screen accept 2 different passwords. I believe it accept my old password and new password too. The problem happens after latest windows 10 updates. How do I stop windwos 10 login screen to recognize and accept my old password. I am refering to Windows 10 local password login and not Microsoft Account password. Please Advice. Thank You

Chan KL

emonchan5, Feb 20, 2021
  4. marchinok Win User

No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when...

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore.

It was working fine until now.

No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when... [​IMG]

No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when... [​IMG]

I have tried following but no luck.

1. Pressed Windows icon + r to launch a run command - No response
    2. Pressed the space, enter, and any other buttons to launch a password prompt - No response. *It seemed to accept a keyboard entry. i.e. Caps lock works
    3. Tried to start up the Windows 10 using F8 safe mode (I know it does not work for Windows 10 but I tried anyway)
    4. Switched the Microsoft account by selecting lower left corner account options - It did switched the account but no password prompt.

As I can not login to the Windows, I am using my second PC to create the post. Please help.

marchinok, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when...

1. No login screen when starting windows and Microsoft account not accepting password when... - Similar Threads - login screen starting

2. My account password is not accepted when logging into local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account password is not accepted when logging into local account: After the latest windows update I can't login to my Lenovo laptop.I am trying to uninstall the latest quality update using the blue troubleshoot screen,but can't login using my correct password....
  3. My account password is not accepted when logging into local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account password is not accepted when logging into local account: After the latest windows update I can't login to my Lenovo laptop.I am trying to uninstall the latest quality update using the blue troubleshoot screen,but can't login using my correct password....
  4. My account password is not accepted when logging into local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to set another password on windows login screen when my windows account is Microsoft...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to set another password on windows login screen when my windows account is Microsoft...: tMy windows account is microsoft account . My microsoft account password and windows login password is same. Because of same password, sometimes i feel very stress. My microsoft account password is so long and bake. When i go to login my pc by using microsoft account...
  6. How to set another password on windows login screen when my windows account is Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set another password on windows login screen when my windows account is Microsoft...: tMy windows account is microsoft account . My microsoft account password and windows login password is same. Because of same password, sometimes i feel very stress. My microsoft account password is so long and bake. When i go to login my pc by using microsoft account...
  7. How to set another password on windows login screen when my windows account is Microsoft...

8. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  9. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  10. Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding password changes. I changed my password for my Microsoft account a few days ago, and as always, I had to re-enter/update it on other devices and apps, like my Xbox, Microsoft Store, this Microsoft Community site, etc. However, I...