Windows 10: No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix?

Discus and support No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I made another post on this forum about this with ALL the random things I’ve tried to fix this... you can read all about it here and I’m still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alternatecode, Feb 17, 2020.

1. No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix?

I made another post on this forum about this with ALL the random things I’ve tried to fix this... you can read all about it here and I’m still struggling.

No diagnostics seem to ping the error and I can’t get it to repair. Chkdsk wont run bc it says it can’t lock it and it doesn’t have write permissions. It also oddly says 0 windows installations found.

Safemode boots fine.

I’m pulling my hair out and getting close to using the “Reset PC” function in windows recovery environment. Will that be able to run & fix, or will it have the same problem and would it not be worth my time?

submitted by /u/alternatecode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alternatecode, Feb 17, 2020
  2. graye Win User

PC Boots to BIOS first, then Windows

Everything you said describing the boot behavior seems perfectly normal to me...

You turn on the PC, you get an OEM splash screen... then the windows splash screen.... then the login prompt. So, there's nothing to "fix", because there's nothing wrong.

But, if you don't like the OEM splash screen, the I'd suggest that you not completely turn off your PC. And instead use the "sleep" function. Waking from sleep isn't like rebooting... so you should not see the OEM splash screen at all.

graye, Feb 17, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Which steps did you perform? Was this from a clean boot?
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste this command: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00
    It will boot to the recovery options or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    Click troubleshooting and click reset this computer. You will be saving files. Applications and programs will be removed. Windows will be reinstalled.
    Enter your windows logon password.
    You will see getting things ready with rotating dots.
    Click resetting this PC.
    It will then display the HP logo with resetting this PC with rotating dots and a percentage.

zbook, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Tryx3 Win User

No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix?

I cannot reset my computer!?

Hurmia,

Oh, yes I can see it now. You tried to get into the WRE using Shirt-Restart before.

There are three methods of entering the WRE using Shift-Restart to do a Reset.

1 While in Windows, click on the Start menu then the power icon then hold down Shift as you click on the Restart entry [and then let go of Shift].

2 Restarting the computer to reach the login screen then, instead of logging in, using the power icon on the login screen in the same way.

3 Start menu, Settings, Update & security, Recovery, Advanced startup - Restart now.

In all three cases, in the WRE you click on Troubleshoot then Reset this PC.

I think, judging by your explanations, that you might have already tried all three ways but I am not absolutely sure.

I was always unable to get into the WRE on my Windows 7 computer and ended up always booting from an installation disk instead if I had some repairs to carry out. I never understood why.

The only other option, given that you have nobody else's computer to get onto, is to take your computer to a trustworthy local computer technician. But obviously that would cost you money and I appreciate that you cannot do that. Are there, perhaps, any
    community groups that provide mutual support for computer issues much as this forum does?

Denis

Tryx3, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix?

1. No login splash on boot, can’t enter computer. Will “Reset PC” in WRE fix? - Similar Threads - login splash boot

2. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  3. Can’t reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reset pc: Hey I just bought a pc off Facebook and I connected it and noticed it had an account on it already. Well I tried to reset the pc because I didn’t know the password, well what I did was press shift and restart and then I would try to press reset and my screen just goes black...
  4. Can’t reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t reset pc: Hey I just bought a pc off Facebook and I connected it and noticed it had an account on it already. Well I tried to reset the pc because I didn’t know the password, well what I did was press shift and restart and then I would try to press reset and my screen just goes black...
  5. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to my computer: This day when I started up my computer and tried to login it said that I had to make a new pin so I tried to do it but it said that I needed to download a app that let’s me change pin apparently but I can’t download it because I need to make a new pin. Please help....
  6. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login to my computer: I built my own PC and it uses Windows 10. I got a VPN and now I’m getting the “no internet, secured” error whenever I try to login, barring me from actually logging in. I’ve tried everything that’s suggested online and the Microsoft forums are the most useless forum I’ve ever...
  7. Can’t login when booting up the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login when booting up the PC: When I boot up my PC, I type the correct password but for some reason it doesn’t register as a correct one, security questions don’t help neither. Is there any way I can bypass the login screen so I can edit the password in settings? submitted by /u/AndyToskovic [link]...
  8. Can’t login to PC after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to PC after reset: hello, today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on the login screen. I put in my microsoft password, it tells me it is incorrect. Ive only used this one but ive reset it anyways...
  9. Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to windows 10 after resetting the computer: I reseted my computer, and after is done. It asked for a login username which I don’t remember. I know the password but I don’t remember the login username cause I didn’t have to type the username before. Is there anyway to find my username? Or I can no longer use my...
  10. No options to login at Splash Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No options to login at Splash Screen: Greets all, One of the family computers is having problems. She said she had just reinstalled World of Warcraft and when she restarted the screen was blank pink. Restarted it again (and several more times) and it will load to the splash screen but won't display the...