Windows 10: No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update

Discus and support No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The shortcuts for the emoji panel and symbol insert, Windows+. and Windows+; are no longer working since I updated my computer to 20H2 today.I ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BriannaMcNall, Sep 14, 2021.

1. No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update

The shortcuts for the emoji panel and symbol insert, Windows+. and Windows+; are no longer working since I updated my computer to 20H2 today.I ran through a few troubleshooting ideas I found recommended online, and validated that my region and language settings are correct, but no luck. Does anyone know how to re-enable this feature?

:)

BriannaMcNall, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Geosammy Win User

Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either *Start+ ., or *Start + ; key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update

No emojis!

Hi Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. When you say “having NO EMOJIS”, may I know where exactly you are looking for the emojis?
    2. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system? To check that, press the
      Windows key and R key, type winver and press
      Enter.

I understand your interest in emojis and we are glad to inform you that the emojis have been introduced into the Windows 10 operating system. If you are looking for a way to access it, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Windows 10 Tip: Get started with the emoji keyboard shortcut
    to get access to smiley faces, people, celebration emojis etc. in your Windows 10 operating system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update

1. No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update - Similar Threads - longer able access

2. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  3. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  4. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  5. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  6. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  7. Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis

Window's Emoji Panel has different emojis: The emoji panel in Windows 10 That displays when we press the keys Windows + Period in a text editor displays different emojis ever since I installed a lot of fonts at once. Then I tried uninstalling those fonts, until I had just the default Windows fonts, however the emoji...
  8. [Solved] How to fix emoji panel isn't inserting after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Solved] How to fix emoji panel isn't inserting after 20H2 update: Hi. Today I gonna show you how to Easily Fix emoji panel isn't inserting. 1 Go to "Command prompt": Search "Command prompt" and run it as "Admin". [ATTACH] 2 Copy and paste this command: reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TabletInputService" /v Start...
  9. Can no longer access Feedback Hub after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can no longer access Feedback Hub after 20H2 update: The 20H2 update has caused a myriad of headaches for me so far. I've been chronicling them to submit to Feedback Hub, but now one of the issues the update is caused is that I can no longer access the Feedback Hub! When I attempt to open it it immediately closes itself....
  10. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates: After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry as something this simple and widely used should not be broken in the updates. I've tried many solutions suggested all over...