Windows 10: No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

Discus and support No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YoFavRussian, May 20, 2019.

1. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

After Windows decided to spite me and install these updates anyhow, my main PC can no longer access any of my file shares on my server. I'm very angry as something this simple and widely used should not be broken in the updates. I've tried many solutions suggested all over the web, but it seems that uninstalling this garbage, poorly developed update is what fixed it. But it reinstalls every time my PC gets restarted. Thanks for making updates unavoidable Microsoft.

:)

YoFavRussian, May 20, 2019
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares

Hey All,

After the recent Wanncry attacks I disabled SMB1 protocol as per the cautionary suggestions from Msft et al. Now I can no longer access my network shares via File Explorer. I am still able to access the network device using IP address via browser. However, the unifying and familiar Explorer remains stubbornly broken. When I turn SMB1 back on everything works ok. Any ideas how to fix File Explorer access while remaining somewhat protected. Mucho thanks in advance.

M.B.

Major Bystander, May 20, 2019
  4. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 20, 2019
Thema:

No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates

1. No longer able to access network shares after 1809 updates - Similar Threads - longer able access

2. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  3. No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No longer able to access a folder after Windows updates: At my job, after some recent Windows updates we are no longer able to access a drive. We know it's due to an update as we were still able to access it from a loaner laptop that didn't have the latest update. We aren't sure which update did this but when we ran all updates for...
  4. Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.: Two PCs on a local network one Win10 the other Win11 new PC.I can access the shared empty DATA drive on the Win11 PC and copy files to it. However from the Win11 PC the shares on the Win10 PC are visible, but, with one exception the "Users" share on the Win10 system drive...
  5. Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing shares on local network. Win11 able to see shares on Win10 but denied access to them.: Two PCs on a local network one Win10 the other Win11 new PC.I can access the shared empty DATA drive on the Win11 PC and copy files to it. However from the Win11 PC the shares on the Win10 PC are visible, but, with one exception the "Users" share on the Win10 system drive...
  6. No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No longer able to access Emoji Panel after Windows 20H2 update: The shortcuts for the emoji panel and symbol insert, Windows+. and Windows+; are no longer working since I updated my computer to 20H2 today.I ran through a few troubleshooting ideas I found recommended online, and validated that my region and language settings are correct,...
  7. Networking sharing in 1809 and newer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking sharing in 1809 and newer: I have found the only fix to Microsoft damaging the network browser. You have to make sure that these are set to automatic https://filestore.community.support....47?upload=true, but that won't fix the whole problem. See when you turn on the computer or reboot, your computer...
  8. Microsoft/Live account not able to access network shares

Microsoft/Live account not able to access network shares: Hi, I have 4 PCs in a home network and an trying to arrange to share between them. Two have Windows 10 Pro, two have Windows 10 Home and all 4 are fully updated. All have two user accounts set up - one admin, one standard. Both user accounts are set up as Microsoft...
  9. Not able to share files over network after an windows update.

Not able to share files over network after an windows update.: Before the last Win 10 update, my laptop could connect to my desktop and share files. Now it tells me my laptop is not authorized. What do I need to do? Thanks for the help. ***Title modified from: Home Network ***...
  10. Able to access network shares with dns relay on, but not with it off.

Able to access network shares with dns relay on, but not with it off.: ok, (as im sure this will make obvious) networking is not my forte. I recently ugpraded to gigabit and in the interest of figuring out some ping issues (that'll be another thread after i sort this lol) Ive discovered an issue with my network shares. If I have dns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see nas network devices after windows 1809 update