Windows 10: No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

Discus and support No longer able to add a local printer via "add device" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Normally I connect printers to my computer via IP. My printers never show up in the device search, I've always just clicked the "the printer I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jenna-C, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Jenna-C Win User

No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

Hi,Normally I connect printers to my computer via IP. My printers never show up in the device search, I've always just clicked the "the printer I want isn't listed" when the search comes up dry and then it lets me add by IP normally. However, this button seems to be missing now? The only clickable option is "Not finding what you're looking for?" which redirects to a bluetooth help page why??? and that doesn't really help my scenario as, regardless of whether the printer supports bluetooth, my desktop is way too far away from it to utilize it. Can anyone clarify how to get back to adding loca

:)

Jenna-C, Nov 11, 2022

2. Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers

New Windows 10 - not an upgrade. I have installed 3 networked printers. If I go to Devices and Printers, they are not listed. Some local printers are listed: Fax, Microsoft Print to PDF, Send to OneNote 2016.

However, if I open Wordpad and select print, I can choose the network printers and I'm able to print to the printer. If I look under Print Queues in Device Manager, the local printers are listed.

In the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers, the networked printers are listed.
    Any way to get them to show in the Devices and Printers applet?

Cardinal_Biggles, Nov 11, 2022
  3. Berton Win User
    Windows 10 printer no longer prints

The "test printer install" suggests you haven't purchased it yet or don't have it at hand. All I can offer now is that most printer installs offer the install but connect later, puts an icon on the Desktop to finish after actually connecting it.

One thing about Win10 is it may automatically pick up a newly-connected printer and give at least basic printing, may be listed in Devices and Printers in Control Panel, Devices and Printers or Settings, Devices.

Berton, Nov 11, 2022
  4. No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

PC should be able to find printer, but it can’t.

Hi,

The issue that you've encountered regarding the printer on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or components that prevent Windows from working properly. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    uninstall and reinstall the driver and the printer application on your computer. This process will re-establish the good working state of the device and eliminate software conflict. To do this you may follow the steps below:

To uninstall the driver of the printer from the Device Manager of your computer, you may proceed with the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and then press
      Enter.
    • Locate the printer driver, double-click on the device to open its properties.
    • On the Driver tab, click Uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

After uninstalling the device driver, you may also uninstall the printer application from the
    Control Panel on your computer through the following steps:

• Click Start, type Programs and Features, and then click
      Enter.
    • Find and click on the printer from the list of programs, click Uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, restart your computer, and then set up the printer again. You may refer to the user manual from the manufacturer's website of your printer to properly do it.
    • Once you're done, you may check if you're able to use the printer on your computer properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

1. No longer able to add a local printer via "add device" - Similar Threads - longer able add

2. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  3. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  4. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer able to add a local printer via "add device": Hi,Normally I connect printers to my computer via IP. My printers never show up in the device search, I've always just clicked the "the printer I want isn't listed" when the search comes up dry and then it lets me add by IP normally. However, this button seems to be missing...
  6. No longer able to add a local printer via "add device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No longer able to add a local printer via "add device": Hi,Normally I connect printers to my computer via IP. My printers never show up in the device search, I've always just clicked the "the printer I want isn't listed" when the search comes up dry and then it lets me add by IP normally. However, this button seems to be missing...
  7. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  8. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  9. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  10. "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog: Hi, I am running Windows 10, and, when I go to the "Devices and Printers" window, I have no "Add a Device" or "Add a Printer" dialog appearing when I click the related buttons in the top-right. I only see a brief flash of a blank opening window, and then nothing. I am...